We are looking for a Project Manager! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Project Manager
Term: Contract – 6 months with extension
Location: Toronto– Hybrid – three days a week
Job ID number: C1370
Brief Description on Duties
The Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) is a key partner in the delivery of change. We deliver value by providing services related to Project/Program Management and Delivery, Data Analytics and Reporting, Portfolio Management and Intake Management.
Our mandate is to deliver seamless execution of change initiatives into the organization through the adoption of an end-to-end project/program management methodology and governance. The team is also accountable for actively managing the portfolio of initiatives (existing and new) that draw upon delivery resources across the COO organization with a focus on raising key indicators relative to human and financial resource capacity. The team works in close partnership with other shared services, Corporate Operations division leaders and business leaders to deliver sustainable change and information to ensure optimization of limited resources to achieve our strategic objectives.
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, the Project Manager will be responsible for leading the delivery of multiple projects with significant impact to the organization and multi-year budgets upwards of $3M. In addition, the Project Manager will be responsible for leading and influencing their project team to ensure their projects are delivered well and meet their intended business objectives. In this role, you will be accountable for ensuring that projects are properly chartered, planned and executed within agreed to parameters for scope, cost, schedule and quality. As a strategic business partner, you will expertly work with key stakeholders, your peers and your team to drive and support optimal delivery for the company as we continue to evolve and mature our practices.
- Lead project teams and stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle
- Develop and deliver annual and multi-year program plans and budgets inclusive of resourcing plans
- Define project priorities, objectives, scope and deliverables, in alignment with business goals, working in conjunction with business sponsors and delivery partners
- Ensure effective project management tracking and communication standards resulting in transparency of delivery progress and awareness and understanding by key stakeholders
- Active stakeholder management with focus on building and maintaining strong relationships and ensuring expectations are understood and met
- Ensure Project Management methodology and standards are appropriately used on projects; coach and guide direct reports relative to effective use and application of tools and methodology
- Contribute to the elevation of the Enterprise Project Management Office relative to methodology improvement, skills development and talent development with a focus on encouraging decision making at appropriate levels, a common-sense way of working, efficient team work, compliance to corporate internal controls and elimination of unnecessary bureaucracy
- Guide delivery team, business partners and other stakeholders
- Stay ahead of key developments in the industry and among competitors to elevate Project Management/Program Management discipline and delivery capabilities
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in progressively senior positions with a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Project Manager working collaboratively as part of cross functional team
- Proven experience in delivering complex projects involving multiple departments, vendors, external partners in the delivery of solutions requiring integration of multiple tools and technologies
- Demonstrated expertise and proficiency in the application of project management methodologies
- Proven ability to establish and build healthy working relationships and partnerships with business leaders, peers, clients and team will work transparently and cooperatively with cross-functional teams, effectively engaging all pertinent stakeholders, both internal and external
- Challenges the status quo and exhibits a mindset of creativity, determination and an energetic drive to succeed.
- Highly motivated, an independent thinker and has a proven track record of setting and meeting aggressive goals and actions plans, both as an individual and with a team
- Ability to oversee multiple projects and excel in a complex and evolving portfolio.
- Demonstrates appropriate flexibility in all situations and will be comfortable with ambiguity, while pivoting from macro to micro issues, from shaping the strategy agenda through to the day-to-day
- Adheres to the highest standards of personal and professional integrity and will set a positive example for others
- Demonstrates change leadership by successfully guiding the organization through change, while maintaining focus, intensity and team cohesion.
- A confident leader with low ego who has an ability to challenge and defend positions in a respectful way and is viewed as a visible leader, capable of building and articulating a shared vision for change.
- Advanced communication, negotiation, influencing and facilitation skills; ability to create ‘win-win’ outcomes and to obtain support of executive-level management and elicit cooperation and consensus across the business; demonstrated ability to collaborate as well as lead across a matrix organization to execute on strategies, influence change and deliver results
- Known to be customer centric, both internally and externally
- Strong analytical, financial and balanced decision-making skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite, Microsoft Project and Microsoft Visio
- BA in relevant field
- Preference to candidates that have a mix of experience and/or knowledge of the following:
- Delivering both technology and business scope
- Mutual Fund and Segregated Fund Transfer Agency systems
- Regulatory/Industry changes for Investment companies such as FundServ, Tax, Registered Accounts
- Managing multiple vendors and teams