We are looking for a Project Manager! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Project Manager
Term: 6 months (with extension) – 35 hours/Week
Location: Toronto – Hybrid
Job ID number: C1202
Brief Description of Duties:
The PM will be part of a dynamic and collaborative team that plays a significant role in leading and implementing our conversion platform and solutions within the Personal Lines platform. As a leader of this initiative, you will succeed by delivering and implementing multiple large and highly complex new systems, projects, processes, and programs that improve profitability, reduce costs, streamline operations, or enhance service to the business and customers. You will collaborate effectively with cross-functional business and technology leaders across the organization to solve problems and implement new solutions.
- Responsible for leading, planning and delivering all aspects of highly complex and strategic projects and program across multiple departments
- Manage overall Project Management functional scope and schedule.
- Define the overall project scope and objectives with business sponsors. Provide project leadership and vision; formalize processes, procedures, and quality control measures; develop and manage project resource plans and dependencies.
- Provide oversight of budget management and allocation of personnel and resources to all Conversion and Acquisition projects
- Lead and develop the definition and measurement of success metrics to objectively quantify project success
- Create and manage project schedules and budgets to ensure project completion is on time, on budget and within scope.
- Identify potential risks and dependencies across a broad number of individual projects and programs and establish communications (Steerco, Directorate) and risk mitigation strategies.
- Monitor implementation efforts to identify business risks and solutions are recommended.
- Partner with Directors, Pos, Architects, and peers to ensure strategy and execution alignment and resolve cross-functional project issues.
- Develop and maintain a detailed program plan to deliver the program. Leads all IT project management activities (staffing needs, budget, risk register, audit requests, performance, security, PMO requirements, etc.).
- Has led a cross-functional or multi-team effort in defining budget requirements for a project or program, providing thought leadership into initial financial estimates for the business case.
- Manage stakeholder and project team expectations and ensures that the deliverables align with business needs
- Perform some portfolio management activities to ensure the entire portfolio is well resourced and planned
- Support organizational change management efforts related to assigned projects or otherwise
Nice to Have:
- Insurance domain experience.
- Software Engineering and delivery group PM experience.