We are looking for a Project Manager! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Project Manager
Term: 12 months contract with extension
Location: Toronto – Hybrid once a week on-site
Job ID number: C1261
Brief Description of Duties:
Seeking an intermediate PM who would be open to supporting BA deliverables as needed
We are seeking a resource who would be acting as a Project Manager, but would also be flexible to assist in BA activities to support project deliverables. Capital Markets (ideally FX) experience and working on technology teams (focused on technology deliverables, ideally hardware) is essential to ramping up for this role.
- Project Planning: You will be responsible for creating and maintaining project plans, defining objectives, setting timelines, and working with application owners and subject matter experts to deliver.
- Reporting and Documentation: You will prepare project status reports, documentation, and presentations for stakeholders and management. Effective documentation is essential for transparency and accountability.
- Stakeholder Management: Collaborate with various stakeholders within the organization. Effective communication and stakeholder engagement are crucial for project success.
- Risk Assessment: You will identify and assess potential risks associated with the project plan and develop strategies to mitigate them. This includes monitoring program communications (internal and external) as it relates to the shortening of the settlement cycle.
- Team Coordination: You will assign tasks and ensure efficient collaboration among team members. You may also provide guidance, support, and escalating issues to appropriate Sponsors and stakeholders, as required.
- Budget and Resource Management: You will track resources onboarded for the project and project expenses. Financial acumen is important to ensure projects stay within budgetary constraints.
- The candidate will work on reviewing BRDs, creating test cases, executing test cases, identifying defects, and working with technology teams to remediate defects.
- Provide input into Technology’s deliverables to ensure the Technology’s implementation success.
- User Acceptance Testing of Technology’s development before implementation into production
- Creation and execution of Integrated and User Acceptance Test cases.
- Where necessary, assist with overall project administration and chasing actions items that are open that impact the overall project
- Progressive experience as a PM
- Recent professional experience managing Capital Markets projects (FX preferred)
- Recent experience managing a system hardware upgrade as a BA or a PM
- 3-5+ years of experience doing User Acceptance Testing and experience within data analysis
- Exceptional MS Office skills (Excel pivot tables)
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working on and/or managing an FX team
- Wallstreet FX experience is an asset
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Candidate must be able to articulate their thoughts concisely
- Candidate must have the ability to be a leader in their environment, and participate in group forums, discussions, etc to bring in new ideas and a new thought process
- This position requires a detailed driven individual and there is a strong need to be able to multi-task it what can be sometimes a stressful environment
Degrees or certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required
|Job Category||Project Manager|