We are looking for a Project Manager! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Project Manager
Term: 6 months (with extension) – 37.5 hours/Week
Location: Toronto – Hybrid (2 days on-site)
Job ID number: C1203
Brief Description of Duties:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to use leading-edge technologies and real-time applications and processes that help drive a cross-asset blotter used by Equity and Equity Derivatives Trading Desks. They will also work on resolving complex and multi-faceted problems interacting with the stakeholders on the trading desk to ascertain requirements and with technology teams to develop and deploy the required software.
- Participating/leading in scrum session with team on a daily basis
- Managing stakeholder requirements and expectations to project timelines and budget
- Maintaining JIRA backlog and planning
- Hands-on management of meetings, status reports, reporting to steering committees and working groups
- Leading an agile team and holding scrum meetings
- Facilitating KPIs and measuring productivity within the team
- Maintaining project plans (Gantt)
- Reporting project status, roadblocks and milestones to the project stakeholder and sponsors throughout the course of the project
- Communicating with vendors, main stakeholders on the trading desk, system architects, development staff, QAs, BAs, and other PMs.
- Assist in some BA duties (creating flow-charts, diagrams, documentation, etc.)
- Assist or lead on other smaller projects
- Involved in network planning, hardware planning and architecture
- Providing guidance to the project team to ensure efforts are aligned to the project delivery goal.
- Facilitating project control processes, project gating documents in adherence to Scotiabank’s EPMO standards. Focus on Governance processes, ensuring projects are moving through the appropriate channels and drive the initiatives
- Experience as a project manager
- Experience developing solutions for Trading Desk
- Required product groups: Institutional equities or listed derivative products
- Experience with application development is required (e.g. has a development background and has the ability to read code in Python/Java)
- Architecture concept exposure in recent projects
- Database design (SQL) experience
Nice to Haves:
- Order Management and Execution Management System experience
- Experience with vendor systems (Fidessa, Itiviti)
- Strong communication Skills (ability to position concepts, articulate to Senior Managers, motivate developers)
- Proactive and self-driven
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment is required
Degrees or certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
- PMI/PMP designations are an asset
|Job Category||Project Manager|