We’re looking for a Project Manager! Reach out if you’re interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Project Manager
Location: Remote, for now,/ Toronto or Winnipeg
Job ID number: C1261
Brief description of duties:
• Manage all phases of large or several media, high-risk projects from initiation to closure while leveraging best practice standards and processes set out by the client’s PMOs and other industry organizations, including PMI.
• Provide clear direction and motivation to project team, mentor and develop project managers to track, execute and report on project activities.
• Lead project work that is distributed across a substantial number of vendor and Internal teams and resources.
• Responsible for working with various teams across the globe to ensure proper implementation of change.
• Work in a matrix organization with a group of project managers who are individually responsible for planning, executing, and reporting on interdependent projects.
• Work with the Project Management Office to develop and enhance project management processes, performance, and client satisfaction.
• Ensure the definition and approval of project scope, deliverables, desired quality, and measures of success.
• Develop and manage stakeholder relationships including Corporate and BG Business leaders to ensure project delivery expectations are specified and successfully met.
• Develop and manage detailed work plans, project schedules, estimates, and resource plans in conjunction with project team members and other involved business teams.
• Monitor and report on project status highlighting issues and risks appropriately; as necessary, coordinate the development, discussion, and approval of corrective action and/or contingency plans.
• Define and manage project risks and issues ensuring appropriate strategies and plans are in place to mitigate or handle effectively. Proactively escalate risks and issues as appropriate.
• Ensure effective and timely communication occurs within the project team and between the project team and its stakeholders.
• Ensure that appropriate processes, tools, and techniques are available and used by the project team.
• Ensure that project activities and deliverables adhere to internal quality standards.
• Can effectively contribute to the analysis of project expense trends and understands the impact on projected spending.
• Has a personal sense of urgency about solving problems and getting work done and instills the same in the project team.
• Ability to positively motivate project teams to meet aggressive deadlines.
• Ability to partner with resource managers to deal fairly, firmly, and promptly with performance problems.
• Ability to create project plans for complex projects with many interrelated paths.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• Ability to work with ambiguity and help project team members work with ambiguity.
Nice to haves:
- 7 – 10 years of progressive experience in project management
- University degree, college diploma, or appropriate experience in lieu of.
- PMP Certification, and in good standing with PMI.
- Project management experience in the insurance industry or finance industry.
|Job Category||Project Manager|