We are looking for a Project Manager! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contact
Title: Project Manager
Term: 12-month contract – 37.5 hours
Location: Toronto or Waterloo – Hybrid 2 times a week on-site.
Job ID number: C1085
Brief description of duties:
Responsible for management of the entire project lifecycle from project definition/scope through implementation. Develop project plan and drive project milestones. Employ project management methodologies and tools, like MS Project. Identify, coordinate, and manage resources and key stakeholders for project. Ensure effective change management occurs throughout the course of the project. Manage all communication plans, training and documentation. Deliver projects on time, at/under budget and within scope. Communicate project status to all stakeholders on a regular basis throughout the lifecycle of the project. Position requires excellent oral and written communications, interpersonal, negotiation, project planning, judgment, leadership, decision-making, analysis and problem-solving skills. Expert knowledge of MS Project, Excel, MS Word and Visio. 6+ years of prior experience in project management is required.
- Be responsible for all aspects of project/stream management, ensuring project quality
- Work closely with the Stream Lead to provide structure, based on priority.
- Lead working group teams using best practices and applicable project delivery methodologies (outcome based or hybrid)
- Develop, track and handle project plans, timelines, and outcomes utilizing a range of tools, including Jira
- Manage, track, and resolve project issues/risks
- Collaborate and align with all Risk partners throughout the planning and delivery process
- Develop and provide progress reporting to the Stream Lead, Program Manager and/or Value Stream Owner
- Develop and provide communication, as necessary, to working group team members and/or stakeholders
As Project Manager, you have:
- 5+ years of progressive project management experience, preferably with business knowledge of financial services industry with an emphasis on wealth management
- Highly developed understanding of the project cycle and project methodologies (Agile or Hybrid) through project management accreditations and significant experience
- Highly developed communication, planning, influencing, conflict management, and presentation skills geared to Senior Management
- Strong ability to develop and maintain collaborative, positive cross-department, business unit, and segment relationships to attain solutions
- Experience working with various Project Management/Portfolio Governance models is preferred
- Ability to motivate and coach individuals and teams
- Ability to present complex ideas clearly, manage the complexities of integrating new technologies and influence individuals across business boundaries to achieve objectives and deliver outcomes
- Solid ability to exercise flexibility and judgement in assessing business issues and risks with a focus on changing and competing priorities while delivering the most valuable outcomes for customers
- Experience with Jira and proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of tools (Teams, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, and Word)
- JIRA knowledge is essential.
- Candidate will be very business focused.
- PMs will have a strong skillset to keep people on task.
- Wealth Management experience is preferred.
- Client is looking for someone with excellent Soft Skills
- The ability to manage workstream meetings and to define updates.
- Experience of reporting.
- Experience of moving from one instance of Data File to another instance of Data File.
- The PMs will not be involved in the IT side of things.
|Job Category||Project Manager|
|Business knowledge of financial services industry with an emphasis on wealth management||5+|
|Agile or hybrid||5+|