We are looking for a Project Manager! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Project Manager
Location: Toronto – Hybrid, mostly remote
Job ID number: C1182
Brief description of duties:
The role of the IT Project Manager is to lead large and complex IT projects in scope and risk representing the Project Management Office for the organization. They will direct the project management phases using the SDLC, and PMP principles.
Adhering to the Project Management methodology and principles through all phases of the project and contributing to ongoing and continuous improvement across the Enterprise Project Management Office processes and approach. Accountable to manage projects through the full lifecycle, communicate project progress, escalation notification as required, and manage project teams with representation from across the enterprise including but, not only, Technology teams.
What you’ll do:
- Manage IT projects applying SDLC principles, with top-down oversight throughout entire execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of scope, budget, and timeline.
- Develop comprehensive detailed project plans that respect the project scope, timeline, and charter.
- Coordinate project tasks, activities, and deliverables with project resources and stakeholders during all project phases, from initial visioning/requirements to design, development, testing and through implementation.
- Monitor project progress continuously and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables.
- Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Manage project budget in consultation with business leads and provide actionable feedback relating to costs and benefits.
- Review and propose modifications to project plans, including meeting with interested parties to approve and implement beneficial changes.
- Oversee acquisition and onboarding of project resources and materials as needed before and during projects by working with team members, managers, and executive sponsors.
- Anticipate, document, track and work with team members to resolve issues.
- Direct the project management phases using the PMP principles including requirement definition, development, and testing.
- Build business relationships within the stakeholder and business leaders within the assigned business area to develop an understanding of the business product, services, and relationships within and outside of the organization to provide the most value-added advisory project management role
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, and presentations.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Work with business partners to define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Conduct project postmortems and create a recommendations report to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Use best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Excellent knowledge of SDLC
- Application development project experience – not infrastructure
- Able to handle at least 3 projects at once
- PMP certification is required (or at minimum in progress / partially completed) – they can cover training if necessary, but it is required and candidates with PMP will be given preference
- Agile and/or Scrum Master experience
- Post-secondary Education in a related field
- Excellent organizational skills, and adaptable
- Exceptional relationship and communication skills and the ability to make decisions, recommendations and manage difficult situations where influencing and persuasion is required
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required – at least 9/10 comms, preferred 10/10
- Expertise with MS Project, Excel, Word, and Visio
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
Nice to haves:
- Banking or Financial experience – wealth side would be best
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
|Job Category||Project Manager|