We’re looking for a Project Manager! Reach out if you’re interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Project Manager
Term: 6-month Contract – Toronto
Location: Remote for now
Job ID number: C1003
Brief description of duties:
- Ability to manage multiple project stakeholders.
- Considers the needs of all major stakeholders affected by the project and ensures that a balanced approach is achieved.
- Escalates project issues to the Project Sponsor as required to meet or exceed project objectives.
- Manages all day-to-day operational aspects of the project and scope.
- Develops detailed project plans and schedules in collaboration with software vendors and the client project team.
- Conduct project status meetings and produces weekly status reports.
- Monitor all project Issues, Risks, and Changes.
- Report project status and risks to project Steering committee.
- Manages to project Stand-up meetings using JIRA or a similar agile software tool.
- Provide detailed direction to Software Developers.
- Lead all project-related meetings and communicate all project task tasks/issues after each meeting.
- Ensures delivery of projects that meet business objectives, on time and on budget.
- Determines staffing needs for projects and works with all members of the client and vendor teams to coordinate the assignment of staff to project tasks.
- Tracks and manages tasks for the client and vendor resources.
- Monitor Quality Assurance, Customer Satisfaction and communicate important issues to management.
- Minimizes risks that may affect project timeline, budget, or scope.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Ensures that project knowledge is effective, transitioned to Operational staff.
- Evaluate and measures plan vs. actual and takes corrective action to meet or exceed project objectives.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Some travel to various operational sites in the US and Canada will be required.
A post-secondary degree in Business Commerce, Project Management or Information Technology.
Business Analysis experience.
Project Management experience.
Managing complex and medium-scale application software implementations.
Experience managing Agile projects.
Experience with Six Sigma, Lean, SPC, TQM methodologies is an asset.
PMI certification is an asset.
Good knowledge of the Distribution and Logistics industries.
Experience implementing with Microsoft Dynamics F&O or Power BI, or Azure and SQL databases is a big plus.
Experience leading WMS or TMS system implementations would be an asset.
Should have a proven record of successfully delivering medium size IT projects.
Must be able to coordinate multiple projects and sub-projects with common priorities and deadlines.
Identifies critical project issues/risks with a focus towards resolution.
Strong software vendor management skills.
Demonstrates a willingness to deliver superior service to the both internal and external customers.
Proven experience creating & executing detailed project work plans with ability to revise plans to meet changing needs and requirements.
Experience managing Quality Assurance Testing and User Acceptance Testing processes.
Proven people management and leadership skills in a high-paced business environment.
Able to collaborate with others and quickly build an effective project team environment.
Proven ability to motivate and support project teams including IT and business staff.
Able to effectively deal with both internal and external teams.
Proven ability to influence and lead others.
Results-oriented, disciplined, driven, and focused on achieving targeted performance levels.
Possesses excellent business sense with an ability to analyze, prioritize, identify and act upon solutions.
Strong verbal and written communication skills with all levels of the company.
Strong client relationship skills including the ability to manage customer expectations and identify new business opportunities.
Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy.
Experience with Office365, Teams, JIRA, Visio, and MS Project or similar software tools.
Ability to travel and work in remote office and warehouse locations.
- Technically proficient and with a strong command of Information Technology systems.
- Experienced with Software Development Lifecycle and/or Agile Development.
- Understanding of Enterprise Application Integration.
- Good knowledge of API architecture.
- Good knowledge of MS SQL & Azure databases.
- Experience implementing MS Dynamics D365 F&O, or eComm or Direct-to-Store delivery systems, or similar applications would be an asset.
|Job Category||Project Manager|
|Managing complex and medium-scale application software implementations.||2+|