We’re looking for a Project Manager! Reach out if you’re interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Project Manager
Location: Remote for now – Toronto
Job ID number: C1333
Brief description of duties:
- Manage project scope, timeline, and budget within agreed tolerances throughout the lifecycle of the project and adjust project plan in consultation with stakeholders as required in order to meet objectives.
- Prepare weekly and monthly status reports. Provide timely project reporting for senior management.
- Create and manage the project plan, including dependencies with other projects.
- Assign work and provide instructions, advice, and direction to the project teams.
- Employ and adhere to the processes and procedures stipulated for all phases of project work and create Project Change Requests to seek approval.
- Ensure project transition and handover activities upon project completion are planned and implemented as agreed, and in consultation with Central 1 PMO, client and production support, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Proactively identify potential risks and issues before they occur so that proper mitigating strategies can be developed. Manage Risk and Issue logs.
- Articulate and prioritize issues and risks to senior management and executive leadership team and recommend mitigation strategies for decision-makers.
- Lead and work with cross-functional teams across the organization.
- Work closely with stakeholders
- 5 years’ Financial Services Industry experience, preferably with credit card products
- Excellent Project Management skills
- 5 -10 years experience managing projects or programs, working on projects in accordance with standard project management methodologies, best practices, principles, tools, and techniques.
- Project Management education and PMP / PRINCE2 certification are preferred.
- Strong communication skills and comfortable interacting with external and internal parties.
- Ability to proactively drive the completion of the project
- Understanding and experience with System integrations.
- Technical knowledge and proficiency.
- Excellent client management skills including the ability to challenge, drive towards outcomes and effectively raise or escalate issues as needed to resolve.
- Experience with large and complex finance/banking IT systems
- Thorough understanding of Agile as well as Waterfall and Hybrid SDLC principles to support the delivery of complex technical solutions
- Knowledge and experience working with organizational business processes; ideally in banking or other regulated industry. Ex: process improvement, process mapping, value-driven.
- Working knowledge of change management practices to ensure success
- Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring, and controlling programs
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
- The ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems around people, processes, and technology
- Experience with system implementations.
- SCRUM master experience
|Job Category||Program Manager, Project Manager|
|Managing projects or programs||5-10|