We’re looking for a Project Manager! Reach out if you’re interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Project Manager
Term: 6-12 Month
Location: Remote for now – Toronto
Job ID number: C1318
Brief description of duties:
- Work with project sponsors and key stakeholders to define the project and develop project initiation documents, including establishing the vision, objectives, high-level scope, approach, and project priorities.
- Lead project stakeholders and key team members through project planning activities, analyze information, and develop a detailed project schedule, target dates, resource plan, accountabilities, communication plan, and project budget.
- Lead detailed analysis and design of project deliverables, including relating resource availability and current initiatives to ensure optimal resource utilization, and negotiating the allocation of resources from managers in IT and business.
- Manage project risk by identifying risks, developing and executing project risk management plans.
- Develop proposals, feasibility studies, and business cases as required. Project Execution:
- Execute the plan by leading the activities and tasks of the project team through all phases of the project, which includes monitoring, reviewing, and controlling the scope, risk, quality, schedule, budget, and resources with an emphasis on business value and customer satisfaction.
- Manage project procurement activities including vendor selection and contract negotiations, as well as monitoring vendor progress and quality to ensure vendor performance meets contractual requirements.
- Coordinate deliverables with multiple teams across multiple organizations.
- Monitor progress and costs, and prepare and deliver regular project status reports.
- Manage project communications among all internal and external project stakeholders, including team members and vendors.
- Proactively anticipate project deviations/issues, communicate impact as appropriate, and facilitate taking immediate corrective action to resolve.
- Adapt to changing priorities and ensure resources are applied appropriately to ensure project success.
- Facilitate business activities which may include proposal development, business requirements definition, process design workshops, user acceptance planning and execution, communication, training, business process development, and ongoing business support.
- Oversee the implementation of significant business changes to business processes and relationships and may involve complex implementations and integration of new, high-risk, or leading-edge technology.
- Close projects by obtaining formal approvals, producing final status and cost reports, releasing project resources, archiving project information, and conducting post-project reviews to document lessons learned for future projects. Project Team Leadership and Relationship Management:
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with project sponsors, steering committee members, project stakeholders, key systems users, and project team, acting as the primary point of contact with business clients and other internal and external stakeholders connected to the project, including vendor partners.
- Provide informal leadership to multi-disciplinary teams, which may include consultants, external partners, and vendors.
- Provide guidance and direction to project team members, assigning tasks, providing motivation and coaching, delivering conflict management and team building, and offering performance feedback to their direct leaders.
- Hold regular project meetings to communicate and negotiate with key project stakeholders.
- Advocate project objectives, emphasizing the business value of the initiatives and identifying opportunities to improve delivery, maintainability, and usability.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across entities, as well as external business partners/clients/vendors involved in managing organizational change. Project Management Standards and Guidance:
- Champion and contribute to the development and continuous improvement of project management and Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) standards, methodologies, tools, techniques, processes, and practices.
- Liaise with contacts on other projects and corporate initiatives and network to keep abreast of corporate objectives, industry trends, technologies, and project management best practices.
- Provide project management guidance, direction, mentoring, and coaching to other project managers and clients.
- Act as a resource to provide expertise in the assessment, planning, and estimating of other proposed new project initiatives.
- Provide assistance and conduct peer reviews on key project deliverables.
- Foster and maintain positive relationships with various IT, business areas.
- Diploma or Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science with at least 12 years relevant project management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Broad understanding of business operations, strategies, and processes to guide the design, development, and implementation of technology solutions that support business objectives. Technical Competencies
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, or equivalent high level of understanding of project management methodologies, tools, techniques, processes, and practices.
- Expertise in various project management development methodologies.
- Advanced knowledge of Risk Management methodology and use of sophisticated techniques and methodology analysis probability and impacts of risk.
- Familiarity with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Enterprise Services Bus (ESB) concepts.
- Solid understanding of the capabilities and appreciation for the complexity of enterprise integration that covers a broad range of technologies.
- Broad technical understanding of multiple disciplines: client-server, mainframe, and network environments, computer languages, software applications, databases, architectural skills, data/process modeling, telecommunications, and various internal client systems. Competencies
- This role requires the development of new concepts and the ability to anticipate long-term implications.
- Highly advanced communication skills including listening, comprehension, written and verbal communication skills with experience in developing reports and making presentations to a variety of audiences including senior executives.
- Understanding of organizational change management methodology.
- The successful candidate shall be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment
|Job Category||Project Manager|