We are looking for a Project Control Officer! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Project Control Officer
Term: 6 months contract with extension
Location: Toronto or Winnipeg – once or twice a week on-site
Job ID number: C1248
Brief Description of Duties:
Senior Project Control Officer or Junior Project Manager Academic, Research and Collaborative (ARC) Technologies Overview:
We are looking for a strong working technical senior project control officer or junior project manager who will be responsible using our PM tools and techniques (i.e. the project management lifecycle) to ensure successful completion of projects.
Not looking for Program or Portfolio managers or leaders.
- We are not looking for someone to lead projects – we have project leads.
- We are looking for a classic senior project control officer or junior project manager – a person who will work with a project lead to track and document project tasks in detail, work with stakeholders and project team members to ensure tasks are being completed and reported properly, identify potential project risks, and ultimately produce project reports and visualizations.
Performs core duties and responsibilities by:
- Documenting overall project design.
- Developing charter, scope, resources and schedule for project(s).
- Documenting planning and implementing project phases.
- Liaising with management to document goals and priorities.
- Assisting with the development of, and documenting project schedules to expedite and/or compress the critical path to meet timelines.
- Developing and maintaining project quality control standards.
- Documenting and assisting with the implementation of workflow for a group.
- Tracking milestones and timelines and gathering information in preparation for planning reports.
- Building and strengthening relationships with stakeholders and partners of strategic importance.
- Implementing project communications plans
- As directed, conducting detailed data analysis to inform management decision making.
- Reviewing and assessing requirements needed to meet project timelines.
- Informing project leaders of issues and roadblocks.
- Verifying that project approvals are received.
- Researching, analyzing and recommending solutions to project challenges.
- Fostering and maintaining positive relations with stakeholders to support knowledge translation activities.
- Coordinating tasks for projects and other strategic initiatives with stakeholders
- Checking that assigned work completed meets expected standards
- Resolving issues identified in project planning reports and escalating problems as required.
- Tracking service metrics to inform continuous service improvements.
- Designing surveys to support project objectives and collecting feedback from users.
- Scheduling, managing and/or hosting meetings, vendor presentations, and other project-related activities and events.
- Recommending future business innovations and/or process changes to leadership.
- Collaborating on cost estimates and monitoring project finances, where appropriate.
- Must be prepared to handling complex and/or sensitive information, with the possibility of having to sign nondisclosure and conflict-of-interest agreements for certain projects.
Qualifications & Skills
- Education & Certification: Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent.
- Education & Certification: Formal project management training an asset.
- Experience: 2 to 4 years in relevant role.
- Higher Education, or similar K12 or government institution experience.
- Excellent demonstrable experience using JIRA or similar project management software;
- Excellent demonstrable skills in developing Gannt and similar charts and reports;
- Excellent demonstrable skills with PowerPoint;
- Excellent demonstrable communication skills, both oral and written;
- Experience using PowerBI or Tableau an asset.
|Job Category||Project Control Officer|