Posted 1 year ago
We’re looking for a Programmer Analyst! Reach out if you’re interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Programmer Analyst
Term: 6-month Contract
Location: Remote for now – Toronto
Job ID number: C1398
Brief description of duties:
- Modifies existing code or creates new programs in accordance with the approved design specifications, best coding practices, the client technical guidelines, and system development life cycle.
- Provides advice as required to the Quality Assurance Analysts (QAs) if problems are encountered in conducting system and integration testing; provides ad hoc advice to peers through discussion of current programming projects, and joint problem-solving.
- Provides feedback and coaching to staff on new practices and developments in programming techniques and self-discovered methods that increase program productivity and quality.
- Prepares the code package for review, QA testing, and deployment.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- In-depth experience with Oracle PL/SQL is a must
- In-depth knowledge of SQL and relational databases, data modeling, and data analysis
- In-depth knowledge of JAVA/J2EE is a must
- Experience creating documentation that is easy to understand for future reference
- Strong in communication problems and solutions with Business Users and other technology staff
Nice to haves:
- Working knowledge with CPAS software and IBM Cognos is a definite asset
- Strong communication skills would be ideal here
|CPAS software and IBM Cognos||Asset|