We are looking for a Program Manager! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Program Manager
Term: 6-10 months contract with extension
Location: Toronto – Hybrid
Job ID number: C1282
Brief Description of Duties:
- Strategize, implement, and maintain program initiatives that adhere to strategic objectives
- Formulate, organize and monitor inter-connected projects, including coordination of cross-project activities
- Provide program management leadership and expertise of large scale, highly complex, high profile and high-risk initiatives that may be multi-jurisdictional and/or enterprise wide.
- Develop and administer program assessment protocols for evaluation and improvement with an aim to maximize ROI
- Maintain organizational standards of satisfaction, quality, and performance to ensure the accountability for the program(s)’ centralized group of projects and their successful full life cycle delivery
- Oversee multiple project teams, ensuring program goals are reached
- Manage budget and funding channels for maximum productivity
- Work closely with Program Leads, cross-functional teams, and assigned project managers to develop various program related processes in support of consistent practices to benefits realization through an agile project management approach:
- The program management practices,
- Program scope & deliverables,
- Required resources for cross-functional teams and external vendors, work plan, and budget.
- Develop, track and manage timelines for projects and initiatives
- Manage program teams for optimal return on investment, and coordinate and influence cross-project initiatives
- Develop and manage budget for programs and be accountable for delivering against established business goals/objectives
- Work with other program managers to identify issues, risks and opportunities across multiple projects within the department
- Analyze, evaluate, and overcome program issues and risks, and produce program reports for managers and stakeholders
- Prepare progress and status reports for program directors and committees including governance committees and ensure effective alignment amongst existing and new governance committees/structures.
- Ensure programs are delivered cost effectively and efficiently, and in compliance with the client’s methodologies, standards and frameworks.
- Provide mentoring and knowledge transfer to designated staff to enable continuation in operational activities and sustainment
- Create technical project and user documentation, training manuals and various business cases including but not limited to Ontario Treasury Board (TB) / Management Board of Cabinet (MBC) submissions and internal briefing notes to ensure the effective delivery of the critical business processes
- Other duties as assigned
- Establish and regularly review sequencing of high-level activities within projects and across programs where dependencies exist
- Track and report program progress against identified success factors and key enablers
- Establish and coordinate secretariat functions, processes, and tools, enabling program oversight from executive leadership teams/committees
- Collaborate with ministry partners, stakeholders and vendors to support designing, planning and implementing change initiatives.
- Inform, elaborate and help deliver solutions that simplify processes and improve end-user experiences.
- Support and contribute to planning that informs modernization and transformational service delivery roadmaps and execution against those roadmaps.
- Support and inform vendor management activities and strategies to enable effective service delivery with the appropriate ministry oversight.
- Design and implement program oversight solutions to ensure compliance with government regulation while encouraging quality improvement.
- Deliver a roadmap and program solutions in long-term care capital builds, licensing, inspections, incident and complaints reporting and investigations.
- Deliver program solutions to modernize inspections and investigations that support the enforcement of quality in long-term care homes.
- Explore opportunities for integration and consolidation.
Experience and Skill Set Requirements:
- Ability to think and act strategically. Big picture thinking, and solid understanding of program scope, management, and operations.
- Good understanding of the wider objectives and how to ensure strategic alignment of the program to business priorities.
- Experience leading organizational development, strategy development, business, and program planning.
- In-depth knowledge and experience producing program and project management artifacts and deliverables required to support program strategic objectives.
- Ability to work positively with the wide range of individuals and stakeholders involved in program management.
- Strong leadership and management skills and experience.
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills and experience.
- Strong presentation and meeting facilitation expertise.
- Experience handling difficult situations and managing stakeholder alignment to ensure program success.
- Ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems and pro-actively manage program issues and risks.
- Ability to use appropriate strategies and actions to proactively overcome resistance to change and capitalize on forces in support of change during all stages of program projects – concept, definition, planning, implementation, and close-out.
- In-depth knowledge of strategic program budgeting and resource allocation methods and techniques to ensure program success.
Nice to Have Qualifications:
- Experience with the coordinated planning, management, and execution of organizational change initiatives
- Outstanding knowledge of performance evaluation processes
- Experience with procurements, managed services, and vendor management
- Experience with APIs, solution integration and customer experience platforms
- Experience with iterative and agile delivery
- Experience with journey mapping
- Experience with developing and advancing transformational roadmaps
- Experience with managing and delivering end-to-end programs/projects with focus on solution integration, platform modernization
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to a wide variety of audiences including executives.
- Experience and/or thorough understanding of the long-term care sector including residential facilities, nursing homes, retirement homes and assisted-living facilities.
- Knowledge of long-term care regulation, compliance, policies, responses and their implementation.
- Experience and/or knowledge of capital builds, licensing, inspections, incident and complaints reporting and investigations.
Program Management Skills and Experience:
5+ years’ proven experience as a Program Manager or other Managerial position:
- Experience developing and managing program and project scope, schedules, and deliverables.
- Experience with monitoring and forecasting program and project costs and provide reporting and input to ensure targets are met.
- Experience with effective management of program budgets ensuring a high level of fiscal control and accountability including estimates, forecasts, and reconciliation/confirmation of actuals.
- In-depth knowledge and handling of project and program management methodology and techniques.
- Ability to promote I&IT program and project management best practices and adherence to standard methodologies.
- Experience gathering and developing business and technical requirements to create and maintain a detailed program, project schedule and/or integrated plan.
- Experience directing program and project teams to ensure program and project deliverables are delivered on time and adhere to government and ministry standards.
- Extensive experience coordinating and monitoring program and project processes developing/communicating guidelines and procedures.
- Experience with resolution of resourcing and inter-personal conflicts, negotiates changes to resourcing, ensuring knowledge is shared among team members, and program objectives and deliverables are met in a timely manner.
- Ability to proactively identify potential program risk events and issues before they occur including identification of appropriate mitigating strategies and plans.
- Experience with effective articulation and prioritization of issues and risks to senior executive levels and recommendations of mitigation strategies for decision makers.
- Experience with establishment and facilitation of program steering committee and stakeholder forums and meetings.
- Experience with providing, project, program, and/or portfolio reporting to multi-stakeholders at senior executive levels.
- Experience with promoting Public Sector I&IT standards and best practices for project management to facilitate control of system quality, adherence to standard methodology and the control of the use of I&IT resources
- BSc/BA Diploma in Management or a relevant field
- PMP is an asset.
Digital, Data, Analytics, and Information Management Skills and Experience:
- Strategic/analytical experience leading development and deployment of large scale, multi-million dollar Digital Transformation initiatives involving large scale program and solution redesign that includes Information Management, Data and Platform Integration, Cloud Migration
- Knowledge and understanding of Data and Information Management principles, concepts, policies, and practices.
- Experience with leading design and performance analysis of various large systems with sub-second response times.
- Experience with leading the planning and deployment of a next generation, scalable, unified platforms, with understanding what data is stored, end-to-end data flow, including data sources and who uses it.
- Experience with implementing API (e.g., FHIR API) and HL7 connectors, standards and protocols required for data capture/ingestion.
Public Sector Experience:
- 10+ years of experience working with federal/provincial/broader public-sector healthcare providers
- In-depth knowledge of Public Sector Program/Project Management artifacts (or similar), processes and practices, and ability to produce program level documentation that comply with industry standard practices
- In-depth knowledge of industry standard such as Program and Project Management Institute (PMI) and Public Sector I&IT project management methodologies.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Public Sector Health related projects
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Ministry policy and IT project approval processes and requirements
- Experience adopting and adhering to Public Sector Unified I&IT Project Methodology, Public Sector Enterprise Architecture and Public Sector Gating process, and Public Sector Standard Systems Development Methodologies
- Solid experience with large complex IT Health-related projects and programs
- Knowledge and understanding of Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA) and related regulations and standards.