We are looking for a Program Manager! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Program Manager
Term: Contract – 11 months with extension
Location: Toronto – Hybrid – twice a week
Job ID number: C1381
Brief Description on Duties:
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Project Delivery & Support is a centralized project management office that supports various technology teams across the bank, oversees the delivery of large-scale IT projects for a variety of teams. Responsible for ensuring the projects have the proper team to complete effectively.
Project/Program: Initiative that will implement a hybrid endpoint management production rollout for patching and end-to-end automated self service using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) / Endpoint Management (Intune) co-management of ~130,000 physical and virtual Windows workstations globally across the Bank. The co-management approach with SCCM and Intune introduces a carefully phased strategy, allowing IT teams to seamlessly embrace cloud-based endpoint management and Intune while still capitalizing on existing infrastructure and investment in SCCM.
Candidate Value Proposition:
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a very high visibility project for one of the top 5 Canadian Banks.
Typical Day in Role:
- Manage and ensure the successful delivery of complex projects/programs involving multiple teams from different groups across the bank, as well as external vendors when required
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills to develop and maintain high functioning project teams
- Influences business project decisions with direct impact on financials or operating results
- Ability to independently run executive Steerco meetings with Group Heads, EVPs, and SVPs
- Takes a strategic focus aligned to business priorities
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge Recommends technical strategy within a technical domain, may investigate and evaluate new technologies
- Impacts the technical direction and resource allocation for products, services or platforms supported
- Leads the solution of risks and issues that have a broad impact on the project team – accountability typically spans across multiple products, a line of businesses or with significant enterprise system impact
- Defines and maintains the roadmap and project budget
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
- 10+ years of project management experience in large corporations, with at least 5 of those in program management
- 5+ years’ experience with enterprise-level deployments of Microsoft security services: M365, Intune, Patching, Entra ID, etc.
- 10+ years’ experience leading and presenting at Executive leadership steering committee meetings (SVP, EVP+ audience) – must have
- 5+ years’ experience working with multiple countries, technical teams and vendors
- 10+ years managing large-scale global enterprise-wide application deployments
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Financial institution experience
- Previous experience managing projects using Agile project methodologies
Soft Skills Required:
- Technical curiosity. Curious to understand the technical aspects and drivers/challenges of the project.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and messaging skills (SVP, EVP+ audiences) –must have
- Agile and adaptable personality
- Proactive approach to identifying issues and risks within the project. – must have
- Ability to accept feedback and adapt to project needs and changes
- Excellent communication skills and messaging skillset – must have
- Ability to think “outside the box” for solutions and issue/problem mitigation and solutioning
- Ability to manage multiple workstreams and technical development teams
- Financial acumen
- Strong project governance skillset
- Excellent project planning, scheduling, co-ordinating, risk and issue management skillset. Ability to identify critical path items and dependencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required (Technical fields preferred, although experience is more important)
PMP required but experience valued over education