Posted 6 months ago
We are looking for a Program Manager! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Program Manager
Term: 6-month – 37.5 hours
Location: Winnipeg, London, and Toronto
Job ID number: C1273
Brief description of duties:
- Lead the PSHCP Project Office.
- Work closely with the Workstream Delivery Leads and other partners.
- Support internal and external communications to stakeholders and the Federal Gov Project Authority.
- Deliverables: Integrated Program Plan Comprehensive Resource Plan Program Level Financial Steering Committee and external stakeholder communications and artefacts.
Product Delivery & Relationship Management
- Champions and conducts strategic program planning based on business goals
- Leads and orchestrates the program, ensuring it is aligned with the business goals and that the underlying projects are being managed and executed according to established plans, project standards and controls
- Oversees and manages the relationship with senior stakeholders, partnering with management in the development of strategic and operational plans
- Develops and manages an effective delivery network across project managers and other leaders
- Demonstrates understanding of and adherence to control standards, audit practices, compliance etc.
- Oversees and prepares the Program road-maps and planning, identifying and ensuring resolution of cross program/project conflicts or risks
- Leads the development of a Program level business case and ensures that each project has well defined business cases
- Align program efforts with the business unit/organizational strategies
- Oversee project planning within the program, providing expert knowledge towards ambiguous situations, identifying and resolving problems across multiple domains, and performs risk assessment, planning and analysis across the entire program
- Ensures program plans consider impacts on people, processes and systems
- Defines the governance structure and ensures work is completed with an appropriate level of detail and quality, optimizing resource usage
- Defines how outputs and outcomes of the program’s components are expected to contribute to the program’s delivery of its intended benefits.
Program/project team leadership
- Provides leadership to team towards the achievement of strategic objectives, including providing feedback to people leaders on performance, development, resource assignment, etc.
- Oversees the coaching and mentorship, life-cycle and development of resources, providing guidance on complex issues.
- Provides training and guidance to various cross-discipline resources on strategies, methods, processes, tools, approaches & methodologies.
- Oversees the management of resourcing over a large body of work crossing multiple projects or initiatives.
- Manages the execution of the Program work in partnership with senior business and technology management, assigned resources, to deliver a program that satisfies stakeholder expectations and the overall goals
- Oversees and ensures the execution of delivery methodology processes effectively, and exercises sound judgment in adapting/tailoring program activities, processes, methodologies to meet the unique requirements of the program
- Monitors benefits realization of program components to ensure they remain strategically aligned to the business unit goals
- Communicates with and reports to stakeholders to provide an integrated perspective on all program activities
- Ensures the outputs and outcomes of the program are effectively communicated and considered in optimizing the pursuit of its intended benefit and value
- Proactively assesses and responds to risks spanning multiple aspects of the program
- Resolves scope, cost, schedule, resource, quality and risk issues within a shared governance structure
- Is a trusted advisor and leader to senior management both within and outside of the business unit, focused on initiatives facing senior stakeholders with a major impact
- Ensures and oversees the resolution of client issues as they arise
- Defines and leads implementation of project management practices, processes, tools and methodologies
- Champions practice and tooling improvements across teams
- Actively promotes and influences the need for continuous improvement
- Champions organizational change and ensures change management strategies align with business priorities
- University or college degree
- PMP and/or project/program management certification
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Senior IT Project Manager or IT Program Manager in an agile environment in a Fintech, banking, insurance, or technology company managing multi-million-dollar projects.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working within or with corporate functions areas (HR, Finance, Legal, Facilities, Procurement, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to build effective relationships with colleagues or external stakeholders to positively influence outcomes quickly and confidently.
- Demonstrated ability to look at programs objectively from organizational perspective.
- Demonstrated ability to handle ambiguity, embrace change and seek clarity through a variety of available stakeholders and resources.
- Demonstrated ability to be resilient and creative in the face of difficulty engaging with others to find a way forward
- Is an expert multi-tasker – juggling priorities in a fast paced/ demanding environment.
- Is passionate about not only project management but the business, technology, and user experience, loves to learn and champion new ideas with others, and works with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong leadership capability, executing as appropriate in the areas of responsibility
- Knowledge of IT Service Management would be an asset.
- Previous experience working with Enterprise scalable platforms would be an asset.
- Proven strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Proven strong negotiation and facilitation skills.
|Job Category||Program Manager|
|IT Project Manager or IT Program Manager||5|
|Fintech, banking, insurance, or technology company managing multi-million-dollar projects||5|