We’re looking for a Program Manager! Reach out if you’re interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Program Manager
Term: 6-month Contract
Location: Remote for now – Toronto
Job ID number: C1394
Brief description of duties:
The Hub Program will involve significant change both for our clients and the client staff. The objective of the work is to deliver the overarching multi-year (FY21-23) program plan, effectively organize the program of work into work packages with the required level of project plans, and support the implementation of all aspects of the program.
The client requires the services of a Program Manager with experience in and able to adapt various methodologies (Agile, DevOps, Iterative, etc.) to organize the work and manage all the activities of the client’s implementation of the program. The program will encompass a series of sub-projects to deliver the objectives set out in the Roadmap, in addition to ongoing activities such as internal and external engagement; and as implementations are completed, the operations of the new tools and processes.
The Program Manager directly reports to the Manager, Project Management Office, with dotted line accountability to the Program Director, for all project activities and has overall responsibility for the conduct and coordination of the projects and supporting activities within the program.
During the effective date of this agreement, the Program Manager will be a key member of the program team and will perform the tasks outlined below:
- Manage all aspects of program planning and execution including refining program scope and deliverables, leading resource planning (acquisition and management of external resources), prioritizing issues and risks, ensuring timelines are met, updating the program and project documentation, collaborating with the client internal stakeholders, and contributing departments. This includes development, oversight, and coordination of projects and sub-projects within the program working with associated project managers.
- Conduct regular program team meetings to review program status, monitor progress, collect relevant information, identify issues that may impede progress, and ensure appropriate plans are implemented to mitigate any risks to the program.
- Prepare regular program status reports and all relevant background materials to support needs assessment and conceptual solutions, conduct status reporting to the Program Director, the Program Steering and Advisory Committees, and Project Management Office.
- Provides leadership and guidance to the client project team members.
- Provide leadership in the development of the program evaluation plan and change management plans integrated into the program to ensure smooth implementation.
- An integrated program delivery plan which includes but is not limited to a revised Roadmap, program schedule and interdependencies, scope management plan, program budget, resourcing plan (including required training plans) – for the remainder of this fiscal year and next year, aligning with planning requirements set by Corporate Services.
- Change management plans and operational transition plans embedded into the integrated program delivery plan, to ensure any/all newly developed or implemented solutions are properly supported during and after implementation through knowledge transfer, roles and responsibilities of the various support personnel are identified and properly trained to accept the handover of the solutions and appropriate support processes and documentation are delivered upon delivery of the solutions outlined in the scope.
- The execution of the end-to-end delivery plan, maintaining line of sight across the entire program (all ongoing and future projects), managing key interdependencies between projects in the current FY21-22.
- Approach for defining and evaluating program success criteria and indicators, working with Manager, Hub Implementation, and other subject matter experts.
- All required program artefacts/templates, background supporting documentation and record of decisions.
- Oral briefings on an ongoing basis to appraise the client’s Program Director, business owners and IT management as to program status, challenges, risks and performance. Regular status report to the Program Steering and Advisory Committees, and project teams formally and informally as required providing progress updates as well as alerts of anomalies.
- Management and reporting of the program to the established budget, schedule and resource allocation, and address risks with a risk mitigation strategy and changes with a prescribed change management process.
|Job Category||Program Manager|