We are looking for a Product Manager! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Product Manager
Term: Contract – 10 months with extension
Location: Toronto – Hybrid – once a week
Job ID number: C1377
Brief Description on Duties:
The Emerging Business Model (EBM) Tech team exists to deliver contextually relevant financial security that delight customers and partners in their moment of need. We design, build, and deliver digital first platform and services that enable data differentiated and hyper-personalized insurance propositions within ecosystem partners‘ experiences. When you join EBM, you’ll instantly become a key member of an agile, energetic, and ambitious digital team. If you like the idea of engineering innovation at scale through digital, analytics, automation and contributing to a wide variety of next-gen integrated propositions, we think you’ll love working at EBM!
As the Product Manager – Digital for Emerging Business Models Team, you will manage and implement major initiatives by providing strategic leadership and direction. The Product Manager acts as a proxy for the leadership team and works closely with vairous enterprise stakeholders to ensure the team is clear on the solution required to deliver on current and future goals and needs.
What you’re responsible for:
- Establish and Delivery Product Roadmap
- Participate in helping establish product and project roadmap
- Accountable to deliver solutions that maximizes the value.
- Play a leadership role in the team to ensure that capabilities are in-scope, on-time and of high quality.
- Apply incremental delivery principles, drive the delivery of business value, communicate progress, elicit feedback, and enable stakeholder reviews for validation in the process.
- Accountable for the resolution of complex business problems though the use of analytics solutions
- Review and assess opportunities for new improvements and functionality based on feedback and business objectives.
- Facilitates requirements modeling sessions, including requirements envisioning.
- Chairing committees within the governance structure and managing the portfolio backlog and prioritization process.
Represent the product & client/ customer
- Maintains a good understanding of clients/users (their expectation, needs and pain points) and the product and delivers this knowledge into the team to focus deliverables and priorities
- Be an advocate for the clients/users by owning issues, forming solutions and defining outcomes as you move the delivery of the roadmap to completion.
- Utilizes a deep understanding of product and clients as well as solid internal stakeholder relationships to prioritize product needs against development
- Influence, persuade and advise on solution strategies and directions.
- Educate the team in the business domain to help establish better understanding of the solution/product to deliver value.
- Backlog management
- Responsible for creating and managing the backlog and the prioritization of work, while remaining accountable for the outcomes
- Translate business partner needs into backlog items.
- Serve as the primary source of information for the team, offering clear definitions of the targeted capability, the intended value to the customer, and functional/non-functional requirements.
- Ensure that features/updates are scheduled and prioritized according to business needs.
- Author, refine and approve backlog items, with clearly articulated acceptance criteria.
To be successful:
- You have an innovative mindset to improve operational efficiencies and ability to influence change, with a primary focus on client needs.
- You use critical thinking skills to recognize assumptions, evaluate arguments, draw conclusions and proactively propose solutions.
- You have strong communication skills to clearly convey messages and explore diverse points of view.
- You build trusting relationships and provide guidance to support the development of colleagues.
To join our team:
- You have minimum seven years of experience in Product Management/ Product Owner roles using agile and hybrid methodologies.
- Solid understanding of insurance products and services demonstrated through at least 5 years of experience within the insurance services.
- You have a post-secondary degree in Business or a related discipline.
- You have a track record for successful project and program execution.
- Having the appropriate product management certification is a big asset. These could include, but not limited to, Agile Certified Product Manager, Software Product Management, Certified Product Manager etc.
- Demonstrated ability to build trusting relationships
- Ability to collaborate and extract unstated needs and requirements
- Strong leadership skills and ability to foster an inclusive, productive team environment with several disparate teams being involved
- Ability to switch between initiatives and understand impacts is a key role in ensuring work progresses at pace in, what at times can be, an unstructured environment
- Strong understanding and demonstrated experience in working in an agile environment
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with team members as well as both internal and external stakeholders at various levels. Organization, decision-making, communication skills must be at an advanced level
- Achievement focus in delivering high quality solutions based on agreed upon value
What to expect:
- Detail oriented work that requires frequent mental concentration for extended periods of time.
- You will be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment, in the event you are the successful candidate.