We are looking for a Power BI Developer! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Power BI Developer
Term: 3 to 6-month
Location: Toronto – Hybrid
Job ID number: C1251
Brief description of duties:
We are looking for an experienced Power BI Consultant who can work with our existing team in identifying clients’ needs and developing pragmatic solutions to business problems.
- Investigating business systems, taking a holistic view of the situation, including organization structure and governance, key stakeholder needs and staffing issues as well as current processes and IT systems
- Collecting requirements through standard techniques like document analysis, interviews, focus groups, workshops, customer journey and other process mapping and design thinking;
- Working collaboratively internally and with partners to deliver chosen solutions;
- Adept in developing, publishing and scheduling Power BI reports as per the business requirements.
- Able to properly understand the business requirements and develop data models accordingly by taking care of the resources
- Ingesting data from a variety of corporate data sources and performing required transformations in Power BI query editor
- Data modelling capabilities including designing effective BI data models
- Working with our clients to manage User Acceptance Testing (UAT) processes and fixing any defects identified.
- Publishing reports via the Power BI service, managing them through distribution of apps and monitoring usage/data refreshes/security access.
- Shaping an approach for governance and deployment of Power BI i, including advising on licensing, distribution/sharing, training and support.
- 3+ years’ experience as a Business Intelligence developer using the Microsoft BI stack e.g. SQL Server database, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Power BI
- Very strong SQL skills for querying and creation of views/tables, functions and stored procedures
- Able to integrate Power BI reports into other applications
- Experience in designing ETL processes including knowledge of data warehousing strategies and theories
- Build dashboards, reports and cubes using SQL, MDX, DAX, Power BI or other visualisation tools
- Articulate and document architectural solutions and processes
- Attend technical and business meetings and act as a subject matter expert
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with stakeholders
- Understanding dimensional modelling ideally for Financial Services
- Knowledge of cloud computing (AWS or azure)
|Job Category||BI Developers|
|Business Intelligence developer||3+|
|Microsoft BI stack e.g. SQL Server database, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Power BI||3+|