We’re looking for a Network Manager! Reach out if you’re interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Network Manager
Term: Full-time – 7 hours if located in Quebec and 7.5 hours if located in Ontario
Location: Remote for now
Job ID number: C1001
Brief description of duties:
- Manage a team of approximately 20 employees and contractors, specialists in networking and data center infrastructure
- Manage the workload of the resources under your responsibility
- Be accountable for the provision of services as well as the performance of your team
- Play a key role in the digital transformation of the company.
- Be the operational IT respondent for networking and data center infrastructure
- Perform human management of resources (recruitment, integration, mobilization, motivation, retention, performance, training plan, career path, etc.)
- Coordinate resource allocations by ensuring a healthy workload for everyone.
- Define the strategies, action plans, and activities to be carried out in your areas of intervention
- Manage, plan, organize, direct and control certain operational activities in order to meet business needs and expected service levels.
- Align with vice-presidency and organizational managers to ensure alignment of practices and prioritization of joint or collective work.
- Be accountable for the quality of the results as well as the satisfaction of the team’s clientele
- Be accountable for the continuous improvement and operational performance of the services under your responsibility
- At the request of your manager, you will be able to act as a front-line guarantor of all IT service delivery provided to the areas served by your team.
- Be available to manage escalations or satisfaction related to your team
- Intervene on behalf of your team with other areas of the company during problematic situations
- Support your supervisor in the management of the budget for which he is responsible and ensure the availability of the financial, material, and human resources necessary to achieve the objectives
- Take ownership of the mission, vision, and strategic plan, inform the resources under your responsibility and ensure your understanding of them
- Participate in the definition of annual orientations and objectives and establish the specific objectives of the management.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration, actuarial science, or any other analytical discipline of the same level
- Experience in information technology and its resource management
- Excellent command of French and English, both orally and in writing
- Good knowledge of the fields of telecommunications, networking, data centers.
- Ability to simultaneously process multiple dimensions of the same file that can be complex, in the best interest of the partner and the organization
- Excellent collaboration skills, both with IT teams and with business people
- Excellent negotiation and advanced conflict resolution skills
- Strong tolerance for ambiguity and uncertainty
- Experience in Agile, Lean, DevOps methodologies
- Experience working in a multicultural environment (an asset)
- Proven knowledge of the financial services and insurance industry (an asset).
|Information technology and it resource management