We are looking for a Network Engineer! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Network Engineer
Term: Contract – 12 months with extension
Location: Toronto – Hybrid
Job ID number: C1394
Brief Description on Duties:
Story Behind the Need:
Data Centre Network Services team is responsible for level 3 support and project deployments, for both on premise as well as Public/Private Cloud, to support the digital transformation of the Bank’s global network. We are responsible for supporting and deploying new technologies, following best practices, and consulting and coordinating with the Bank’s many technology teams with the aim of providing a highly resilient network as the underlying core of the Bank’s technology infrastructure. Reporting directly to the project manager, the Cloud Engineer will be playing the role of deployment and supporting of our networking infrastructure supporting Google Cloud and MS Azure environment leveraging our current pipeline technology stack.
Candidate Value Proposition:
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join an exciting team that has high visibility. As a team, we can explore and work with an extensive variety of network technologies.
Typical Day in Role:
- Reporting to a Project Manager, you will play a critical part in helping the team support the various technologies within our Global Network. You will be expected to be a part of after-hours project deployments in the morning, evenings or weekends.
- You are eager to work with leading edge technologies to incorporate complex network solutions, as well as work with other technology teams to contribute to an overall solution.
- You thrive on being hands-on during mid to complex project deployments into production. This will include the support of assigned systems by acting as an internal consultant on assigned infrastructure and providing suggestions for viable solutions to systems problems of high complexity.
- You want to be challenged with complex problem solving in time sensitive situations to reduce system downtime and customer impact.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
- 10+ years of proven experience in cloud infrastructure designs, implementation and support (Microsoft Azure required)
- 5+ years’ experience and in-depth knowledge of Cloud environments and associated networking technologies (VPCs, Shared VPC, Load Balancing, Interconnects, VNets, Application Gateways, Expressroute)
- 5+ years’ experience and in-depth knowledge of containerized and serverless technologies (PCF, Docker, Kubernetes) and their designs, implementation, and ongoing support.
- 5+ years’ experience in Cloud network troubleshooting (Networkwatcher, Network Flow logs, Azure Monitor, Google Dashboards, Wireshark).
- Experience using programming languages such as Python, GO, Ruby and/or BASH for automation of tasks.
- Experience working with Linux/Unix command line and command line tools
- Experience/knowledge of networking concepts; switches, routers, firewalls, as well as protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, TLS, DNS/DHCP and routing protocols (BGP, OSPF).
- Familiarity with Infrastructure As Code tools such as ARM Templates, Terraform, Cloud Formation and Google Cloud Deployment Manager
- Familiarity with orchestration/configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- You have strong communication (verbal/written) and good interpersonal skills to build relationships with internal and external business partners and vendors.
- You possess superior problem solving and decision-making skills to resolve work issues with the ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- You are self-motivated and a results-oriented individual who is always chasing improvements.
Best vs. Average Candidate:
- Ability work independently and capable of getting work completed with minimal supervision.
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Networking Technology or related field.