Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Network Analyst
Term: 6 months contract with extension
Location: Hybrid from Toronto – 2 days/week
Job ID number: C1304
Brief Description on Duties:
The Contact Centre & RBSC Technology is looking for a Network Analyst who will contribute to the overall success in globally ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Provide or participate in recommendations and solutions for all Telephony technology. The ability to manage their own day-to-day operations, projects, and timelines according to client’s expectations and SLO / SLA’s. Provide support to ALL employees globally across all Business lines. Contribute to maintenance and support renewals as well as RFP’s. This candidate is also responsible for providing training and assistance to users upon request, and fellow team members to ensure the users are fully comfortable using the technology and team members are aware of any updates, changes, etc. The candidate will have strong knowledge in working with various Telephony technologies and Vendors (Cisco, Legacy, Wireless, Lync, Bell, Allstream, Rogers, etc.)
Candidate Value Proposition:
We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work. You will get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology.
Typical Day in Role:
- Contractor will help migrate Skype users to Cisco Jabber as Skype servers will be decommissioned.
- Helping with porting phone number, removing un-used numbers, and updating the SIP address.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Manages the purchase, installation, and support of unified communications infrastructure equipment and applications.
- Responsible for evaluating current systems for capacity, performance, currency and security.
- Manages multiple tasks concurrently. Works on complex problems where analysis of situation requires in-depth evaluation of various factors. Escalates more complex problems to management for guidance. Provides second and third level support.
- Plans large scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies. These projects could require the individual to travel both to both domestic, US and international locations.
- Devises course(s) of action that may fall outside of procedural and policy guidelines and standards and makes recommendations.
- Provides work leadership, coaching and training to other team members and business partners.
- Supports the bank’s technology infrastructure by participating in after hour’s support with the expectation of receiving notification of critical system outages outside of business hours and to take appropriate steps to restore service.
- Maintains working relationships with key customers, clients, suppliers and contractors.
- Understands the departmental objectives and division technology strategies. Keeps current on rapidly changing technology trends.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global
- Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
- 8+ years of Network Analyst industry experience
- 5+ years of hands-on experience and expert knowledge of LAN/WAN systems, networks and applications.
- 8+ years of experience with Unified Communication systems i.e. Oracle, Cisco required
- 5+ years of experience with Telephony Vendor systems and processes
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Voice (CCNA Voice)
- Oracle certification
- Previous experience working within the Banking/Financial Industry
- Expert Knowledge of Regulatory bodies (internal and external) and Vendor contracts
- Experience with Lync
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills to be able to work well with technical peers and business stakeholders at different levels within the organization.
- Strong decision making, forward thinking and creative problem-solving skills to anticipate and respond quickly to technological/market influences.
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as work independently or with minimal direction.
Best vs. Average Candidate:
- Voice communications analyst that has experience with telephony systems.
- A candidate who is self-sufficient and can provide great customer service experience – they will be working closely with users and managers
- Post-secondary degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related IT field required
|Job Category||Network Analyst|