We are looking for a Network Analyst! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Network Analyst
Term: 6 months (with extension) – 37.5 hours/Week
Location: Toronto – Hybrid (2 days on-site)
Job ID number: C1205
Brief Description of Duties:
- Manage day to day deliverables during the shift, under the overall direction of the NOC Team Lead/Manager. The primary accountability of this position is to ensure that all work deliverables during the shift are efficiently managed with strong delivery and prompt escalations to the Team Lead positions as needed. Engage other teams or escalate to L2/L3 teams as necessary. Smooth takeover of work as well as well documented and smooth hand over is part of the accountability.
- Provide strong technical troubleshooting while ensuring that NOC processes and procedures are followed properly. This includes ensuring proper use of automation, following proper remediation procedures, high quality ticket and vendor issue updates, handover documentation, etc.
- Collaborate strongly with the Team Lead to manage the queue, work intake as well as delivery. This includes helping solve team issues and escalating issues as needed
- Engage in P3’s or incident calls and provide support
- Ensure work being taken over is followed up promptly while providing proper handover to the next shift as well as to the Team Manager (including process issues or improvements, automation opportunities, etc.)
- Support the incident, change and problem management processes.
- Manage incident queue and effectively prioritize and triage incidents based on critical devices and shared services.
- Manage escalations with internal teams and 3rd party vendors.
- Manage chronic, repeat and aging incidents with proper internal/external escalations.
- Support shift turnover process effectively.
- Create MoPs and how-to docs for better support and training of new and junior team members. Also, peer review such documentation created by other team members and provide suggestions for improvement.
- Report on any challenges with internal processes, gaps, or any challenges with vendors and telcos.
- Report on any new influx of repeated alerts/incidents to identify opportunities related to alert modification, etc. to reduce noise.
- Identify and report on gaps for process optimization.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of products (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook).
- Other duties as required.
- Firewall – Palo Alto and Cisco : 3 years
- Load Balancing – F5 and Wireless – Aruba Experience: 3 years
- VOIP – Cisco experience: 3 years
- CISCO Switching and Routers 5 Years
- At least 3 years of Network Operations experience as opposed to network projects based work
- In-depth experience troubleshooting on Network operation systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be CCNA or CCNP Certified with 3 -5 Years of industry experience
Nice to Haves:
|Job Category||Network Analyst|