We are looking for a .Net Lead Developer! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Full-time
Title: .Net Lead Developer
Job ID number: C1140
Brief description of duties:
The client is one of the fastest-growing independent wealth management companies in Canada. We are a diverse group of people all driven towards one goal: helping advisors build a better business through a remarkable client experience.
With your background, skills and experience you’ve already found success in the wealth management industry. Have you found your ideal firm, one that encourages you to pursue a balanced lifestyle as well as professional success?
Our IT team is currently growing! We’re seeking a Lead Developer – someone who can work with an experienced development team developing and supporting high-quality software solutions in an agile environment. If you are someone who is constantly looking to innovate in technology and find ways to improve, this role is for you.
What is the role of a Lead Developer?
- Supervise the Development team in developing in-house software-based applications, services & processes through coding best practices and a solid DevOps process pipeline
- Offer subject-matter expertise on all homegrown code, application business logic and technical details.
- Work with the business SMEs and stakeholders during project discovery phases to explain and illustrate complex application business logic and development-related concepts
- Manage merge conflicts in source control and develop a healthy code merge strategy within the team
- Assist the team in efficiently perform a code merge during parallel development streams and resolve conflicts
- Perform code reviews on a regular basis to ensure all code is developed using IGM Secure Coding Standards and general industry best practices for programming.
- Support the Development team in producing accurate technical specification documents for software applications developed in-house and oversee documentation of code consistently throughout the development process
- Oversee and manage code in source
- Strong knowledge and experience building interactive and intuitive web applications using C# ASP.NET Web Forms, MVC, EF and client-side frameworks like Angular JS.
- Strong knowledge and experience in relational database design using MS SQL Server and the development of stored procedures, views, user-defined functions, and query optimization techniques.
- Must be able to develop REST APIs from ground-up using .NET Framework. Candidate must be proficient in implementing authentication and authorization functionality to secure the APIs using industry-standard auth mechanisms.
- Must have experience in using Microsoft BI tools including SSRS, SSIS and ability to write as well as troubleshoot complex SSIS packages involving complex workflows.