We are looking for a .NET Developer! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: .NET Developer
Term: Contract – 6 months with extension
Location: Toronto – Hybrid – once a week
Job ID number: C1343
Brief Description on Duties
Story Behind the Need:
- Business group: US AML Technology group
- Project: The main function of a Developer is to design, develop, and implement changes to applications using general languages and technologies (e.g. MS SQL, .NET ASP, Python, IIS, Autosys configuration, scripting, bit-bucket) to support business requirements. This role is a senior developer role to support the US AML Transaction monitoring applications – Prime BSA, Syntelliread & DFS504 Attestation tool. PrimeBSA is a FIS vendor tool and is being used by US GBM AML Risk business teams for their transaction monitoring and DFS attestation. The work expected is to make any small change requests, BAU production issues support activities, support during technical server patch activities.
- Reason for request: This role is required to function as a developer in supporting the DFS504 Tool upgrade to meet the software currency compliance requirements, production support GBM AML as the sole developer on PrimeBSA, work on decommissioning activities collaborating with the upstream, downstream interfaces, Application support, Infrastructure and DBAs to ensure all required technology activities are complete as part of the decommissioning.
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be the sole developer to manage all development activities for GBM AML, to learn about the Enterprise Delivery Framework, and technologies like bit-bucket, ACCP Pipeline for deployment, etc.Typical Day in Role:
- Analyze complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
- Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution; Responsible for whole SDLC
- Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
- Support team in creating, documentation and testing the necessary test cases to ensure successful implementation of the new technologies. Developers is required to troubleshoot, report, and debug all test scenarios with defects and errors.
- Track the activities in JIRA, Servicenow for deployment following the SDLC/Change Management procedures
- Provide ad hoc production support for the application
- Ensure completeness of the decommissioning of the application, closing the project with the required artifacts stored appropriately.
- Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
- Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Must Have Skills:
- 10+ years’ experience development experience required using: MS SQL and .NET ASP
- 5+ years’ experience using Python, IIS, Autosys configuration, scripting
- Recent experience using bit-bucket, JIRA and ServiceNow for change requests
- Hands on experience in designing, developing and successful deployment of large scale projects from end-to-end
- Hands on experience in following the SDLC, collaborating with the Infrastructure, DBA, Application Technical Support teams
- MS Power Platform experience is an asset
- Hadoop experience is an asset
- Financial payments and AML experience is an asset
- Independent contributor
- Written and verbal communication
Best vs Average:
- Independent contributor, while being a team player. Does not need hand holding on basic coding standards.
- Key skillsets are MS SQL and .NET, and we are seeking senior resources who have deployed code following change management processes for a large organization.
- Seeking experience writing clear runbooks for implementation.
Degrees or certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
|Job Category||.Net Developer|