Manager of Information Data Management
We are looking for a Manager of Information Data Management! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Manager of Information Data Management
Location: Toronto – Remote
Job ID number: C1168
Brief description of duties:
Position Summary The Manager, Information Data Management will manage, lead and oversee a team responsible for data and information management building, design, development, testing, execution and quality assurance, aligned with the College’s Data Roadmap to achieve the business objectives. This includes effectively integrating processes enterprise-wide, demonstrating team leadership and building out data and information management organizational capabilities. This role will play a critical part in setting the technical direction for the department leading the discussion around overall solution design and working closely with the technical teams as the detailed designs and technical solutions are built and developed. Key focus areas for the team includes Design, Integration and Data/Information Architecture.
What you’ll do at OCP:
• Oversee the development and management of data processes including information technology and systems design and applications in a manner that is responsive to the College’s business objectives and organizational principles.
• Deliver business analysis, technology related project management, technical documentation (e.g. request for proposal, project charters, project plans, technical specifications, test scripts and enduser guides) and training services.
• Monitor and improve data quality and ensure best practice in development and support techniques, working with various stakeholders in development, testing and implementation of application programs having impact on improving functionality.
• Collaborate with stakeholders to identify and define business data and system requirements for new report/dashboard implementations. Analyze existing operations and conduct feasibility studies to identify potential solutions.
• Identify opportunities, select appropriate solutions, plan and work with the Manager of Technical processes to implement system upgrade projects and modifications for the improvement and growth of the Data technology infrastructure.
• Manage and maintain all College data systems and assets (data and records management) including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review. Negotiate, administer and manage vendor and consultant contracts, service agreements and request for proposals. Develop and manage of departmental budget.
• Manages the development and implementation of Information Management programs (DGO and Data Roadmap) and projects for the collection and use of data in support of operational needs, regulatory responsibilities, and program and service outcomes.
• Manages the development of information, data and privacy policies. Ensures adherence to these policies by promoting a culture of efficient information management. Interpret governing legislative policies/procedures and communicate/advise management on the impact to Information Management Program.
• Manages the development and delivery of awareness sessions/presentations related to Information Management program by ensuring staff are aware of their information and data management responsibilities. Advises the Information Management Office of any gaps to compliance
• Develop strategies to minimize the effects of data changes on staff and business operations and identify and design processes and policies that address change management. Initiate and oversee the development of data projects and related training plans.
• Develop and implement data policies and procedures, including those for data architecture, security, user access, standards, systems, development, testing work with Manager Technical Process to manage backups, disaster recovery, purchasing, and service provision.
• Manage and supervise employees within the Information Data Management department including hiring, reviewing work plans, setting performance objectives, monitoring performance, providing performance feedback, and assigning and reviewing work. Motivate and further develop employees to ensure they stay technically current and can work effectively both independently and
• Demonstrated use of innovation in how technology can support business and customer needs with proven experience in providing strategic and measurable contribution to business results.
• Experienced in vendor management with project management skills to foster effective partnerships with the vendors.
• Demonstrates strong analytical skills to determine infrastructure requirements, implementation requirements, project specifications, allocating appropriate resources and overseeing implementation.
• Strong working knowledge of Business Intelligence and Data Management concepts.
• Strong working knowledge of Data Governance and implementing a Data Governance Office (DGO).
• A good understanding of Data Architecture, Data Modeling, Data Pipelines, ETL, Transactional DB, Analytical DB, and Relational DB.
• Azure Synapse and/or Microsoft BI suite (SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, MSSQL, PowerBI) is an asset.
• Judgment and discretion; ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive material.
• Experience delivering presentations and/or workshops to a variety of audiences
• Proven ability to build, maintain and support team cohesiveness to ensure overall needs of the department are being met.
• Self-motivation and solid organizational skills to efficiently and effectively manage workload, deal effectively with multiple demands and maintain composure while progressing toward desired outcomes.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and relational databases & Pivotal Software along with extensive working knowledge of multimedia platforms for education and knowledge transfer
Nice to haves:
• Degree in a related field such as Computer Science, Information Technology, Data Science or equivalent.
|Progressive professional and supervisory/management experience including data management, systems design and development or information technology.||7-9|