We are looking for a Mainframe Developer! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Mainframe Developer
Location: Toronto – Remote
Job ID number: C1067
Brief description of duties:
The Software Developer will be working in a team environment and will be responsible for:
- Design, develop and test software to specifications.
- Provide consultation with the Systems Architect and Business Systems Analyst.
- Deliver code reviews and provide feedback relative to best practices.
- Knowledge of software design, design methodologies, and design documentation tools.
- Knowledge of IT industry current trends.
- A degree in computer science or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of the mainframe environment using COBOL, DB2 and CICS, with insurance and Ingenium knowledge an asset
- Knowledge of automated testing tool selenium is an asset
- Experience with iterative development using agile in a multisite environment is an asset
- Initiative with the ability to easily adapt to change
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Knowledge of software design, methodologies and documentation standards
- Proven leadership skills with a commitment to customer service
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills combined with a quality focus
|Job Category||Mainframe Developer|