We’re looking for a Mainframe Developer! Reach out if you’re interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Mainframe Developer
Location: Remote for now – Toronto
Job ID number: C1367
Brief description of duties:
- Design, develop and test software to specifications.
- Support production (includes 24×7 on-call support) as required
- Provide consultation with the Systems Architect and Business Systems Analyst.
- Deliver code reviews and provide feedback relative to best practices.
- Knowledge of software design, design methodologies, and design documentation tools.
- Knowledge of IT industry current trends.
- A degree in computer science or an equivalent combination of education and experience, with a minimum of 5+ years experience in a software developer role
- Knowledge of the mainframe environment using COBOL, DB2, and CICS, with insurance and Ingenium knowledge an asset
- Knowledge of automated testing tool selenium is an asset
- Experience with iterative development using agile in a multisite environment is an asset
- Initiative with the ability to easily adapt to change
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Knowledge of software design, methodologies, and documentation standards
- Proven leadership skills with a commitment to customer service
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills combined with a quality focus
Nice to haves:
- Ingenium 5.4 SD; Ingenium 5.4 and mainframe programming skills
|Job Category||Mainframe Developer|