Linux System Administrator
Posted 10 months ago
We are looking for a Linux System Administrator! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Linus Administrator
Term: 12 to 13-month
Location: Hybrid – 1 day per week on-site in downtown Toronto, and as needed basis
Job ID number: C1078
Brief description of duties:
- This position would be working on the development and operations of the client Research IT facility’s High Performance Computing infrastructure and the High Performance Computing for Health (HPC4Health.ca) platform.
- Manage petabyte data stores and archives with leading edge data management tools, such as IRODS, Ceph and Dell/EMC Isilon storage.Support the client’ HPC system and the HPC4Health project formed by more than 30,000 compute threads, high speed networking (multi-10 & 40 GigE), and multi-petabytes of high performance and archive storage
- Provide guidance and support in all aspects of high-end computing research to a large community composed of researchers and clinicians, and HPC4Health partners.
- Maintain and update technical documentation.
- Manage a variety of network and server hardware while interacting with vendors support teams.
- Experience supporting Linux server systems in a multi-user environment. This includes using UNIX/Linux operating systems (Ubuntu, CentOS ), good understanding of common network protocols (like NFS, CIFS, LDAP, DNS, DHCP, TFTP, and NTP), good understanding of using and maintaining monitoring/alerting systems, and working knowledge of scripting languages (like Bash and Python).
- Verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with peers.
Nice to haves:
- Experience supporting large storage devices (SAN/NAS) and good understanding of file systems like such as OneFS and ZFS.
- Experience configuring and managing HPC workload management and scheduling software suites (Slurm, SGE, Moab/Torque)
- Experience with routers/switching
|Job Category||Linux Admin|
|Supporting Linux server systems||3-5|
|Configuring and managing HPC workload management and scheduling software suites||3-4|