We are looking for a Lead Senior Data Engineer! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Lead Senior Data Engineer
Term: 6-month – 40 hours
Location: Toronto – Hybrid on-site 2 days a week
Job ID number: C1008
Brief description of duties:
The Data Engineer Lead will design, build, and support the cloud-based infrastructure for the data pipeline and analytics across the client’s development and data platforms to produce high-performance and scalable solutions. The Data Engineer lead is responsible for establishing best practices, new technologies, and architecture and will also act as a mentor and guide within the development team. The role requires the incumbent to innovate and drive solutions that complement the IT vision.
- This role will lead enhancements requested by Investment business partners, including Front Office, Investment Risk, and Investment Operations.
- As a key member of the data platform design committee, set guidelines, standards, and best practices for new project initiatives across development and data management teams.
- Lead design and implementation of data and technology infrastructure for new data and analytics platform with Azure data stack
- Lead design and build data solutions for distributed ETL processing for all data ingestion into the data platform with scalable and usable data pipelines.
- Be the primary liaison and owner for data projects, technical backlog, and managing the delivery solutions with business stakeholders.
- Oversee and build custom web APIs using Azure Function Apps to integrate with external services
- Oversee and develop complex SQL for ETL and data extractions with high-performing and easy-to-manage code.
- Build and design complex Power BI Dashboards and reporting solutions.
- ETL with Azure Data Factory experience, with experience building Dimensional data warehouse
- Writing complex SQL queries, views, and procedures
- Experience cloud data platforms with Azure data solutions including
- Data Factory
- Azure Databricks
- Azure Analysis Service
- Azure Synapse
- Azure Function App
- .Net/C# development with API in Azure Function App
- Strong communication skills, ability to lead a team, build processes (plan, design, and implement enhancements end-to-end), creative
Nice to haves:
- Power BI experience with DAX programming
- Capital Markets, Investments, Banking
|Job Category||Data Engineer|