We are looking for a Lead Developer! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Lead Developer
Term: 6-month – 37.5 hours/week
Job ID number: C1140
Brief description of duties:
As a Lead Software Developer on our team, you will help lead the complete lifecycle of new and modified software products and integrated systems from research and design, to managing the production implementations, training, and support. You will help champion and contribute to the development standards, tools, and best practices.
- Lead the design, development and testing of software to specifications.
- Support production (includes after hours support as part of a rotation).
- Provide consultation with the Systems Architects and Business Systems Analysts.
- Participate in project planning.
- Deliver code reviews and provide feedback relative to best practices.
- Provide knowledge and guidance of software design, design methodologies, and design documentation tools.
- Contribute and actively promote the development and implementation of new technologies
- Apply advanced knowledge to complex work and support project and operations teams by sharing skills and mentoring
- Optimize legacy systems
- Re-platform legacy systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work well in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
- Proven Expertise in some of the following:
- iSeries (AS400) knowledge
- COBOL, RPG, CL
- DBMS (DB2, MySQL, SQL Server,Oracle), PL/SQL, SQL
- Code management tools, such as Aldon, Git, Azure DevOps
- JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, ServiceNow
- IIS, IBM WebSphere
- AIX, Windows Server. LINUX
- FoxPro and PHPVB/C# .NET
- ASP.NET, .NET MVC, .NET CORE
- Web services (REST API), client server environment
- IT experience and the ability to understand and effectively work with legacy technologies and contribute as legacy applications evolve and are migrated to new platforms.
- IT experience in analysis, design, development, testing, documentation, implementation and after hours support would be an asset.
- Initiative with the ability to easily adapt to change.
- Knowledge of software design, methodologies (Kanban), and documentation standards.