Lead Android Developer
Posted 2 months ago
We are looking for a Lead Android Developer! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contact
Title: Lead Android Developer
Term: 12-month contract – 37.5 hours
Location: Toronto – Hybrid 3-4 days on-site
Job ID number: C1104
Brief description of duties:
- Write, test and refractor code, considering broad non-functional requirements.
- Stay current and competitive by keeping up to date with the latest Android platform capabilities and make relevant recommendations.
- Be mindful of best practices when it comes to securing data-in-transit and data-at-rest because your code protects our customer’s data.
- Advise on integration, performance testing, security, and other non-functional requirements.
- Uphold the development team’s coding standards by conducting peer code reviews.
- Mentoring junior developers in the area of software engineering and Android best practices
- 5+ years developing native Android applications, 6+ years of Java experience, 2+ years of Kotlin experience.
- Thorough understanding of Object-Oriented Programming concepts, Android application architecture and software design patterns
- Experience with Android libraries and best practices when it comes to communicating with RESTful services.
- Automated testing via Junit and platform specific frameworks like Robolectric and Espresso
- Strong communication skills, ability to collaborate with stakeholders at different levels of abstraction (requirements, architecture, and code)
- Understanding of Agile Methodologies
- Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent degree from an accredited University/College.
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of new and upcoming SDK components in the Android space
- Good understanding of design patterns such as MVVM, and how they can be applied to Android development.
- Knowledge of security protocols such as OAuth and OpenID.
- Securing data using the Android Keystore
- Developing with accessibility in mind
|Job Category||Android Developer|
|Native Android applications||5+|