We are looking for a Java Software Engineer! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Java Software Engineer
Job ID number: C1246
Brief description of duties:
We are currently seeking a Software Engineer to develop, support and analyze technical solutions. The successful candidate will join the Digital Solutions Individual Insurance team and will be a team player with strong technical and problem-solving skills, who shows initiative, and is accountable for results.
What will you do?
- Collaborate with skilled Agile team members to develop and deliver high quality web applications
- Develop efficient, high-quality, documented code
- Complete coding, testing, debugging and implementation activities as required
- Write both unit and integration tests, and develop automation tools
- Contribute to the estimation, planning and management of development tasks and provide regular updates on progress against those tasks
- Participate in agile ceremonies
- 3-5 years of Web application development experience
- Working experience with Java, Spring, middleware technologies, as well as web and web hosting technologies
- Strong overall understanding of WebSphere/WebSphere liberty, web applications and server technologies
- Experience with SQL
- Good understanding of DevOps tools (BitBucket, CDD, Jenkins)
- AEM (Adobe Experience Manager) knowledge/experience is an asset
- Customer obsession – customers are at the centre of all we do
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A continuous improvement mindset
- A penchant for creating re-usable components and identifying opportunities for re-use
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
What is in it for you?
- Challenging work, a fun environment, and the opportunity to grow your career.
- A friendly, collaborative, and inclusive culture
- Flexible workstyle (Office, Virtual or Hybrid) depending on your role
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Flexible benefits and vacation
|Job Category||Software Engineer|
|Web application development||3-5|
|Java, Spring, middleware technologies||3-5|
|Web and web hosting technologies||3-5|