We are looking for a Java Full-Stack Developer! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Java Full-Stack Developer
Term: 6-month – 37.5 hours
Location: Remote for now – Hybrid once they go back to office (Toronto)
Job ID number: C1224
Brief description of duties:
This Senior Consultant/Developer will operate (run processes), maintain (small code changes) and develop changes (medium to major changes, including Java upgrade and JS framework/libraries upgrade) to the portfolio of products assigned to them as well as, test, prepare deployment packages, deploy code/script changes, support user tests and inquires and perform or follow up on application administration tasks required for the products maintenance.
So, in summary, the main deliverables are:
- Understand systems and Business processes related to the products in their assigned portfolio
- Process operational tasks in these products like running scripts in test and prod environments, change config files, etc, to support scheduled releases of the products
- Perform maintenance tasks in assigned products e.g., setting up environments, changes to roll-over to next Fiscal Year, support scheduled releases of the assigned products etc.
- Develop medium to major code changes as per approved product updates requirements to these products (including Java upgrade and JS framework/libraries upgrade)
- Develop test cases and execute unit, module and system integration test plans and conduct comprehensive testing of information systems according to client’s quality assurance standards and processes
- Perform deployment to test environments and support QA team (as applicable) and users testing
- Support users’ inquiries
- Communicate well with Business users, Project Manager as well as other groups to ensure all tasks required for the products maintenance are covered
- Perform promotion and implementation of applications utilizing client’s ITSPD Change Management Protocols
- Create or modify documentation related to the changes in the products technical design and others as advised by client internal IT team.
- Profound knowledge and experience in developing in:
- Java / Spring / MVC
- SOAP based Web services (JAXB, JAXWS)
- Jasper reports, myBatis, SAS coding knowledge/experience are considered bonus
- Experience in migrating applications from Java 8 to Java 11 and from JBoss to Tomcat is a definite asset
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple deliverables on time and first time right
- Ability to handle heavy workload
- Willingness to work on what is required for the products maintenance, being it operations, development or other tasks
- Strong trouble shooting and problem solving skills with logical and good attitude team player with strong oral and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to communicate to different audience, being Business users, project manager or managers as well as technical peers
- Excellent collaboration with others in the teams and in other groups
|Job Category||Fullstack Developer|