We’re looking for a Java Developer! Reach out if you’re interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Java Developer
Location: Remote for now – Toronto
Job ID number: C1326
Brief description of duties:
• Responsible for leading technical aspects of the project from inception through to deployment. Participate in analysis and system design specification sessions. Documentation of design options and solutions according to System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology. Ensure that solutions adhere to development best practices and architectural principles.
• Apply analytical skills to resolve problems and deliver viable solutions. Anticipate obstacles and execute proactive approaches to issues. Active participation in issue resolution.
• Provide detailed development estimates to the Project Manager for development effort as well as weekly status reporting and budget forecasting.
• Configuration management for the sub-projects within the release.
• Responsible for coding, testing, packaging, deployment, and support of builds as code is promoted from development, system, acceptance and production environments. May lead code reviews.
• Work closely with System Test Environment Management Team (STEMT) to ensure that environments are fully functional and that builds are properly deployed.
• Participate in the development of test strategy, test plans, test cases, and testing efforts (unit testing and integration testing of code).
• Provide technical support to the business and testing team during testing phases. Track defects, defect triage, and resolution.
• Data set up and environment shakedown.
• Coaching / mentoring of junior developers.
• Knowledge transfer within the group.
• University, College degree, or equivalent experience in programming.
• Minimum 3 years working directly on a daily basis writing code.
• Expert programming skills:
Nice to have:
- Service Now Developer Cert
|Job Category||Java Developer|