We’re looking for a Java Developer! Reach out if you’re interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Java Developer
Term: 6 months + extension and FTE option
Location: Remote, for now,/ Toronto, ON
Job ID number: C1216
Brief description of duties:
The Sr. Java Developer works within the Information Technology (IT) team to enhance market data delivery applications, and evolve internal and external web-based applications.
- Designs build and tests secure services and applications to meet the needs of various internal and external client users.
- Troubleshoots and tunes distributed java applications.
- Performs SQL data modeling.
- Assists in code and performance optimization of internal applications.
- Performs other duties, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT-related field is required.
- Minimum ten 10 – 15 years of hands-on experience in senior-level java development, preferably in the financial services industry.
- Proven problem-solving skills and superb analytical skills, with the ability to think “outside the box” to resolve problems.
- Excellent proficiency with Java / Spring / Web ecosystem, with strong back-end and messaging skills.
Excellent proficiency with XML and related technologies (JAXB, XPath, XSL); messaging technologies (Tibco Rendezvous preferred, JMS / MQ or equivalent); SOAP / Rest
- services ORM (hibernate) / JPA / Distributed TX / Caching; and data modeling – strong SQL skills.
- Advanced understanding of design patterns in the context of distributed systems, SOA and concurrent programming, UML.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and tune distributed java applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively clarify complex technical issues and concepts in a business-friendly manner to various audiences.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple deliverables in a time-sensitive environment and adapt to frequently changing priorities.
- Ability to work effectively within a team, as well as independently.
- Must be available for after-hours work, typically through remote access.
- Working knowledge of the following is an asset: Tibco BusinessWorks or other BPM / BPMN solutions; Fixed Income etrading systems, FIX protocol; Salesforce API integration; Identity Management solutions (IDM) e.g. OpenAM / OpenSSO; and Spring-batch.
|Job Category||Java Developer|
|XML and related technologies||Must have|
|Tibco BusinessWorks or other BPM / BPMN solutions; Fixed Income||Nice to have|