We are looking for a Java Developer! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Java Developer
Term: Contract – 9 months with extension
Location: Toronto – Mostly remote
Job ID number: C1410
Brief Description on Duties:
Story Behind the Need
Global Payments Technology Solutions and Support (OU20016362)
Business group: Trade and Supply Chain Finance Products
Project: Trade Services Input Facility Enhancement – Enhance and streamline automation of some of their business operations – The application is running and the project is to enhance the app with an expected completion date of end of November for development
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to enhance an existing critical application by developing code and working with the trade finance business team.
Typical Day in Role:
- Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications.
- Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts. Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement, and support a solution.
- Assure quality, security, and compliance requirements are met for supported area.
- Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment.
- Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
- 10+ years of experience designing, developing, and implementing web applications using Java and related technologies (e.g. JSP, Servlets, HTML5, Hibernate, jQuery, Tomcat 9+) to support business requirements.
- 3-5 years of experience with Struts 1.x preferred if not Spring framework experience
- 3-5 years of experience working with SQL
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel
- Hands-on experience in designing, developing, and successful deployment of Medium scale projects from end-to-end.
- Hands-on experience in following the iterative and agile SDL
- Previous experience using JXLS preferred
Soft Skills Required:
- Problem-solving skills are important for success in this role.
- Communication skills
- Organization skills
- Time management skills
- Team Player
- Fast learner and taking initiative of own training speed
- Positive Attitude
Best VS. Average Candidate:
- The best candidate will have extensive experience developing web applications and has all the must-have skills in particular experience in Struts 1.x.
Education & Certificates:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required 10+ years experience required