We are looking for a Java Developer! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Java Developer
Term: 6-month contract, convert to fulltime after the end of the contract.
Location: Winnipeg, London or Toronto – Hybrid (1 day a week on-site)
Job ID number: C1229
Brief description of duties:
Our client is looking for a Software Developer who can be described as a self-starter and quick learner who is versatile and can easily adapt to multiple technologies. The successful candidate will thrive on a high-performance team and be an excellent communicator.
As a Software Developer on our client’s team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the ongoing sustainment of these systems through support and maintenance activities in addition to the building of new application systems through the modernization and integration of existing legacy systems.
What you will do
- Design, develop and test software to specifications.
- Support production (includes 24×7 on call support).
- Provide consultation with the Systems Architect and Business Systems Analyst.
- Participate in project planning.
- Deliver code reviews and provide feedback relative to best practices.
- Knowledge of software design, design methodologies, and design documentation tools.
- Knowledge of IT industry current trends.
A degree in computer science or an equivalent combination of education and experience, of 2+ years of experience in a software developer role.
- Proven Expertise in:
- Java, Eclipse IDE
- Web services, client server environment
- Code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience in the following tools would be an asset
- JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, ServiceNow
- IBM WebSphere
- IT experience and the ability to understand and effectively work with legacy technologies and contribute as legacy applications evolve and are migrated to new platforms.
- IT experience in analysis, design, development, testing, documentation, implementation and 24/7 production support would be an asset.
- Initiative with the ability to easily adapt to change.
- Knowledge of software design, methodologies, and documentation standards.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work well in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
|Job Category||Java Developer|