We are looking for a Java Architect! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contact
Title: Java Architect
Term: 6-month – 37.5 hours/week
Location: Vaughan – Hybrid 2-days a week in the office
Job ID number: C1121
Brief description of duties:
The successful candidate will be responsible for architecting, designing and implementing enterprise-level financial software products. The solution includes, but not limited to, multi-tier enterprise level applications. The candidate will also help in defining product architecture and technology roadmaps.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Develop thorough understanding of Functional and Non-functional product requirements
- Define and maintain overall product architecture
- Work with engineering and product management to define future direction of the products.
- Provide technical guidance to the development and test teams in articulating how product requirements map to architecture, design and implementation of different software components
- Assist in defining and reviewing overall solution designs during customer projects
- Assist in RFP responses and pre-sales initiatives
- Investigate new technologies & standards in alignment with organizational technology roadmaps and strategy
- Assist Technical Project Manager (TPM) with effort estimation and planning
- Maintain and update established architecture, design and coding guidelines for the development team to ensure best practices and consistency in their deliverables.
- Create proof of concepts (PoCs) to validate design assumptions and to determine the feasibility and risk of different options.
- Provide technical leadership during the development of features especially from performance/load perspective
- Assist is resolving complex problems
- Participate in Software Development process improvement activities
- Help drive a culture of professionalism and continuous improvement
- Strong object oriented analysis, design, development ,troubleshooting and debugging skills with distributed multi-tier applications
- Competency for strategic planning and tactical execution
- Good understanding of software development methodologies; experience working in agile (scrum)
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and a passion for delivering high quality software required.
- A self-starter who can co-ordinate with a team, yet work independently towards a common goal
- 8+ years of Java dev experience
- Recent 3-5 years of architect experience
- Springboot, jboss, WebSphere
- Oracle , sql DB
- Apache wicket for front end is nice to have
- Great communications and people skills
- Good baking experience