Information Security Analyst
Posted 9 months ago
We are looking for an Information Security Analyst! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Information Security Analyst
Term: 6-month Contract
Job ID number: C1086
Brief description of duties:
- The role also supports the delivery of analysis-based cyber security services to our internal clients across Canada including threat intelligence and vulnerability assessments.This is an intermediate level role.
- Focused on providing information security consulting to the business and IT clients
- Accountable for information security risk assessments
- Leads security awareness activities
- Conducts threat analysis, including researching evolving threats and providing recommendations
- Develops and conducts vulnerability assessments, and documenting findings in reports
- Conducting penetration tests is a nice to have
- Strong desire to work collaboratively in an unconventional and non/linear way to problem solve unique solutions
- Be customer focused and delivery oriented to drive change in ambiguous situations
- Work proactively with internal clients to understand their needs and deliver creative solutions.
- Strive for continuous learning and can influence others
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
- Minimum five years’ experience as an information technology professional with at least two of those in information security demonstrating the accountabilities as listed above.
- Holds at least one information security certification or actively working towards at least one security certification (e.g. CISSP, CISM).
- Strong working knowledge of threat risk assessment methodologies NIST, ISO, IRAM2, etc.
- Strong technical background with exposure to multiple aspects of information technology, networks, server, application dev, architecture, storage, cloud etc.
- Excellent communicator including demonstrated presentation and negotiation skills.
- Experience with security solutions for multi-tier cloud based application on Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with DevSecOps and/or Agile would be an asset.
- Experience interpreting and consulting around meeting the requirements of the Information Security Policies and Standards for a large organization.
- Strong knowledge of IT control frameworks such as COBIT, ISO 27001, and the NIST cyber security framework.
- Working knowledge of IT Audit processes, including design of control test procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to foster relationships and build trust.
- Ability to work independently and deliver on commitments.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in risk assessment methodologies.
|Job Category||Information Technology Analyst|
|Information technology professional||5|