We’re looking for an IMAC Technical Specialist! Reach out if you’re interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: IMAC Technical Specialist
Term: 12-month Contract
Location: Remote for now
Job ID number: C13427
Brief description of duties:
- Experience within an IT environment supporting the workstation environment
- Knowledge of PC hardware and software components and how they fit together e.g. memory, hard drive, cards, adapters, operating systems, and networking
- Ability to lift 30 lbs or more of computer equipment
- Ability to demonstrate analytical and troubleshooting skills performed locally and on remote systems (this requires the ability to visualize the problem when you can’t access the system directly)
- Technical knowledge of Windows 10
- Technical knowledge of client/server infrastructure
- Technical knowledge of common workstation hardware and software
- Knowledge of network terminology and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of software distribution processes and tools
- A+ certification is an asset
- Executes IMAC services with significant technical and procedural guidance for desktops, laptops, personal mobile devices, printers, and peripherals for head office and remote office locations within agreed service levels.
- Validates hardware and software requests for technical configuration, approvals, completeness, and compliance with corporate guidelines.
- Coordinates and executes the shipping, receiving, and transferring of computer equipment between sites and locations.
- Identifies, validates, and provides updates to Asset Management through the execution of IMAC services, break/fix events, and disposition of equipment.
- Performs hardware refresh by executing data backup/restore activities, installation of new desktops, laptops, and LAN printers at user locations, and updating of asset records upon completion.
- Participates in ongoing asset inventory monitoring to ensure supply of equipment is available and accounted for.
- Validate completeness of vendor shipments by reconciling quantities and equipment ordered to quantities and equipment received.
- Executes the disposal and liquidation of assets based on technical and information security guidelines, i.e. scrubbing hard drives, to ensure secure data removal, packaging equipment for shipment, and providing updates for equipment records to Asset management.
- Serves as a point of contact with external vendors for IMAC activities in-home offices and remote offices.
|IT environment supporting the workstation environment||3+|