We’re looking for a Hadoop Solution Architect! Reach out if you’re interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Hadoop Solution Architect
Location: Remote for now – Toronto
Job ID number: C1361
Brief description of duties:
- Ensure proper usage of state of the art big data technologies to meet business goals in line with internal architectural guideline
- Create and maintain end-to-end roadmap taking into account business needs, technology evolution, Network Big Data strategy, networks evolution and corporate security team’s requirements
- Identify and evaluate future technologies that may have a significant impact on the environment or technology by improving performance and efficiency, decreasing costs, or enabling new revenue sources.
- Apply expertise and leadership in software development and data engineering, work closely with solution providers, product management, enterprise architects, data engineers and data scientists.
- Liaison with the NBD Infrastructure and Analytic teams to ensure alignment, effective planning and hand-over. Provide technical support, input and direction as required
- End to end thinking to proactively consider customer experience and operational support in their designs/architecture
- Ability to bring together cross-functional teams across Network, Information Technology and others to collaborate, design and deliver Use Cases/Solutions that create business value for the client.
- A Bachelors or Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent
- 5+ years software architecture experience preferably in a data environment
- Knowledge and expertise in designing data platforms and solutions
- Experience securing Big Data / Hadoop environments
- Experience developing solutions using Java/Scala, Python
- Experience developing solutions in GCP
- Familiarity working with web services, REST and APIs including SOAP/XML protocol and RESTful APIs
- Knowledge and practice of consolidation, Virtualization and High Availability solutions
- Highly analytical skills and ability to work with large and complex technical data sets
- Ability to work within an agile setting
- Ability to oversee and work simultaneously on different requirements with a variety of projects and short timelines
- Self-starter who is comfortable working with and presenting to all management levels.
- Good business acumen to ensure technical solutions are created with business focus
- Very good analytical capabilities as well as organizational, interpersonal and communication skills are necessary (written, verbal and presentation skills).
- Working knowledge of DevOps SDLC using CICD
- Familiarity with software testing frameworks
- Google Cloud
|Software architecture experience preferably in a data environment||5+|