We’re looking for a Guidewire Solution Designer! Reach out if you’re interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Guidewire Solution Designer
Term: 7-Month – 40 hours
Location: Remote for now – Toronto
Job ID number: C1304
Brief description of duties:
Owns the technical architecture and design decisions for the team and facilitates the creation and evolution of the overall solution design.
- Performs the creation and evolution of the technical design of the solution that the project team will deliver.
- Understands the architectural direction and standards of the organization and helps to ensure that the team adheres to them appropriately.
- Understands existing enterprise assets such as frameworks, patterns, subsystems and ensures that the team uses them where appropriate.
- Ensures that the solution will be easy to support by encouraging good design and refactoring to minimize technical debt.
- Ensures that the solution is integrated and tested on a regular basis, ideally via the practice of continuous integration (CI).
- Has the final say regarding technical decisions, but they try to avoid dictating the architectural direction in favor of a collaborative, team-based approach.
- Works very closely with the project team lead to identify and determine strategies to mitigate key project technical risks.
- Leads the initial technical envisioning effort at the beginning of the project and supports the initial requirements envisioning effort (particularly when it comes to understanding and evolving the non-functional requirements for the solution).
- Mentors and coaches other team members in architecture practices and challenging technical issues.
- Guidewire PolicyCenter or ClaimCenter functional and integration
- Java, Gosu, soap, rest
- Microservices (eg Docker, Kubernetes)
|Job Category||Guidewire Developer-Designer|
|Guidewire PolicyCenter or ClaimCenter functional and integration||10|
|Java, Gosu, soap, rest||7+|
|Microservices (eg Docker, Kubernetes)||7+|