We are looking for a Fullstack Web Developer! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Fullstack Web Developer
Term: 12-month – 37.5 hours
Job ID number: C1012
Brief description of duties:
- Champion the transformation of engineering staff within your team and other areas within Manulife by sharing your technical expertise as part of the Manulife University program.
- Prototype and build new functionality to deliver on key product objectives with strong and extendable architectural design
- Advocate and influence the design principles which align with our cloud strategy and architecture.
- Partake in Engineering Transformation’s cloud environment life cycle.
- Be an active participant in our various internal and external transformation events such as hackathons, security capture the flag, Tech Talks, and external engineering recruitment campaigns.
- Exposure and opportunity to collaborate with leaders across the organization, as well as other software engineers, architects, and operations engineers to uncover and showcase opportunities to deliver new business value through software
- The position is a rare combination of Full Stack Developer and Trainer/Instructor. 50% full stack developer and 50% instructor.
- Experience of training within an educational environment would definitely be preferred.
- Cloud-Native Technologies and Methodologies!
- Azure, Cloud Computing, Terraform and ARM template scripting.
- Open source! As we accelerate our delivery of world-class experiences, we know embracing open source technologies will help us get there. Any experience with open source is very attractive to us!
- 5+ yrs experience – Responsible for the development and design of web applications and components.
- Design, code, test, and implement web sites and applications, for either internal or external uses.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues surrounding performance, response times, capacity and system limitations.
- Responsible for creating and modifying documentation corresponding to websites.
- May collaborate with internal business partners, internal technology resources (database, system, networking) and with external vendors. Maintain and update websites and ensure data quality, integrity and consistency across organization.
- Requires both front-end (GUI) and back-end development experience.
- 3-5 years of prior web development experience is required.
|Job Category||Fullstack Developer|
|Development and design of web applications and components||5+|