We are looking for a Full-stack Developer! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Full-stack Developer
Job ID number: C1091
Brief description of duties:
As a member of the Research I.T (RIT) team serving the Hospital for the client’s Research Institute and under the direction of the Manager, Database Applications your role will be to support development of the core Research Operations database application ecosystem. These administrative applications support core services provided by the Research Institute to our basic and clinical researchers and the REDCap platform, a clinical data collection and management tool. Working in an agile team you will work closely with other RIT developers, a business analyst, project manager and product owners to deliver highly featured and usable software. You will be involved in the planning and implementation phases and be required to provide feedback throughout the software development lifecycle. In addition to the on-going development and maintenance of existing solutions, you will have the opportunity to build new solutions, and/or develop integrations with third party provided solutions. You may also have the opportunity to co-team with third party vendors, advocating for the Research Institute and eventually taking over the development and on-going maintenance of the solution.
- Analyzing user requirements to inform application design.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Debugging and resolving technical problems that arise.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Aligning application design with business goals.
- Prepare, produce and schedule releases of software components
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- Create and update documentation that detail how applications and system integrations function and maintained
- Ensuring continuous professional self-development
- Proven working experience in Java development
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Working experience with object-oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies (i.e. Hibernate, JPA2)
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (Spring MVC, JSF, Wicket, GWT)
- Experience developing web services using architectures such as REST
- Experience with databases such as Oracle, MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Extensive experience with SQL, coupled with a strong background in relational databases.
- Extensive experience developing SQL queries, views, stored procedures and triggers.
- Perform data validation and massaging to ensure accuracy and quality of data.
- Data mining for advanced analysis of data, large volume data conversion and data cleansing.
- Experience with version control tools such as GIT and continuous integration tools such as Jenkins.
Test and Debug Software
- Experience in testing through a full system development life cycle.
- Experience with test-driven development and test automation using tools such as Cucumber, JUnit or Selenium.
- Experience in analyzing test data set and determine expected outcome from the tests.
- Experience in documenting test results for corrective actions, reporting and audits. Experience with a bug-tracking tool such as JIRA an asset.
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in a research/health care organization is an asset
- Experience working in an agile + scrum development team, with a deep understanding of the principles, values and best practices of agile + scrum (project backlog, user stories, estimating work, sprint grooming, sprint reviews, sprint retrospectives).
- Ability to work with minimal supervision independently as well as a contributing member of an agile development team.
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills, with excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
- Possess an excellent work ethic, be self-motivated and have demonstrated the ability to take on assignments and see them through to completion.
- Excellent analytical, logical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Creativity and high attention to detail.
- Very strong customer service skills.
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities that you will experience in a dynamic paediatric health research environment.
- Hands-on experience with PHP is an asset
- Experience with Crystal Reports or SQL Server Reporting Services (SRSS) is an asset
|Job Category||Fullstack Developer|