We are looking for a Front-End Developer! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Front-End Developer
Term: 6-month – 40 hours
Job ID number: C1038
Brief description of duties:
Front-End Developers play a significant role on our engineering team, developing the user facing applications for our company’s websites, functional and mobile web applications. Front-End Developers collaborate openly in an Agile development environment with other members of engineering and user experience teams, including Architects, QA, User interaction & User interface designers, as well as Project Managers. They participate in our UI development processes by establishing and documenting development standards and common components for common usage across all of our web applications.
Our Front-End developers are responsible for building semantic, WCAG compliant, responsive, maintainable and performant solutions that meet business requirements and project goals while lining up with future strategic visions.
- University or College education in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field, or equivalent combination of education experience.
- 3 – 5 years of industry experience.
- A high level of experience building UI layouts with CSS and semantic HTML. Experience with preprocessors like SASS, LESS and newer specs like CSS-grid, and custom properties is preferred.
- Experience upgrading applications from Vue 2 to Vue 3
- Comprehensive knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and related techniques for building compliant web applications.
- A solid understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues, and ways to work around them
- Demonstrated experience in incorporating reliable unit and end-to-end testing
- Good understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Good knowledge and practical experience of build tools like Webpack, Rollup etc.
- Good working knowledge of Java & Spring
- Good understanding of NoSQL and SQL databases
- Significant experience debugging using browser-based tools like Chrome Developer Console
- Some exposure to Continuous Integration/Delivery pipeline for cloud, including Jenkins, SonarQube, Docker, etc.
- Some experience working in an agile environment using tools such as JIRA and Confluence.
- Some experience developing Adobe AEM 6.x websites including templates, components and using HTL/Sightly.
- Hands-on experience with HTL/Sightly (AEM Templating language)
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work well in a fast paced team oriented environment.
|Job Category||Front-end Developer|
|UI layouts with CSS and semantic HTML||3-5|