We are looking for a Financial Analyst! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Financial Analyst
Term: Contract – 12 months with extension
Location: Toronto – Hybrid 3 days on-site
Job ID number: C1409
Brief Description on Duties:
Story Behind the Need: The team is currently looking to backfill a key member of the project who will be leaving for maternity leave. The contractor will be able to train under the current FTE team member prior to their leave but the team is looking for someone who can jump into the day to day tasks.
Project: The successful will be responsible for providing, and if directed leading a loan operations team in delivering, quality administrative services to Clients of corporate credit facilities generated by GBM and other units as required wherein the Bank is an agent, participant lender or direct lender in a credit facility. The incumbent will be responsible, as directed, for supervising a team of loan Analyst and working with the Manager/ other Assistant Managers to oversee completion of operational duties in a timely manner, maintaining team productivity to target, execute staffing plans, monitor and oversee operational controls and form part of the working management team
Candidate Value Proposition: The successful candidate will be working on a central project and have the opportunity to gain experience in one of Canada’s top 5 banks. They will also gain experience working in a high volume, fast paced work environment and learn under senior members of the team.
Typical Day in Role:
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- As directed, managing a team that administer loan information given by Customers on syndicated or direct deals including verification of limit available, accuracy of calculations, and disbursement/application of funds.
- Administers instructions by Agents on participations and customers on direct and agented deals including verification of limit availability, accuracy of calculations and disbursement/application of funds.
- Ensuring that terms and conditions of authorizations and/or loan documentation are being adhered to including pricing, term, limits etc.
- Communicating effectively with various contacts including other Banks to resolve issues on a timely basis.
- Recognizing and bringing exceptions to policies and procedures to the attention of Manager/Senior Manager/Director for further guidance and resolution.
- Developing a solid knowledge of loan platform, ACBS and Loan IQ to ensure accuracy of posting accounting entries to source system and business line dissemination. .
- Assist Manager, Senior Manager and Director in various team-related tasks, resolution of exception items as well as special project-related work
- Oversee and monitor team productivity, staffing and work volume information and report to Manager/Senior Manager on a weekly basis.
- Provide guidance and coaching to immediate team staff.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
- 5-7 Years as a Financial Analyst
- 3+ Years Working with corporate lending services
- 3+ Years Experience with Loan IQ
- Solid working knowledge with MS Suite – Excel, Word, Power Point etc.,
- Prior Experience providing Customer Service in a Financial Institute
Nice to Have:
- Prior FI Experience
- Credit Facility Knowledge
- High attention to detail and ability to stay organized with high volume work load.
- Good time management and organization skills in order to co-ordinate multiple training sessions and complete training material in a timely fashion
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Post-secondary or relevant work experience