We are looking for a Financial Analyst! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Financial Analyst
Term: 6 months contract with extension
Location: Toronto – Hybrid (once/twice a week)
Job ID number: C1247
Brief Description of Duties:
The Corporate Treasury Team has responsibility for the group treasury function. Reporting to the Manager, Treasury Controls & Reporting, the Financial Analyst will support the treasury accounting function with emphasis on ensuring the integrity of the cash accounting and its impact to financial reporting. Resulting from the adaptation of the IFRS17 standard and related system implementations, this role will focus on identifying and investigating differences within financial reporting and reconciliations and working with business partners and Treasury team members to communicate, provide guidance on and/or resolve identified issues.
- Monitor Treasury owned G/L accounts and reporting to identify differences resulting from parallel reporting processes.
- Interact with business partners across the organization to ensure that reconciling items are investigated and addressed in a timely manner.
- Prepare and provide guidance on cash related journal entries in Oracle and SAP.
- Support implementation of updated bank reconciliation process in Frontier, including critically assessing, investigating, and clearing reconciling items.
- Work with the IT support teams to resolve identified issues.
- Treasury/finance related experience
- Undergraduate degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Professional accounting designation, or working towards one.
- Experience working in SAP, Oracle and/or Frontier Reconciliation.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to assess and investigate financial information independently/with minimal supervision.
- Clear and concise written and oral communication.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with team members and Business Partners across the organization.
- Computer proficiency, including at least an intermediate skill level in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and handle multiple priorities.
Main Technologies of the Resource:
- Frontier Reconciliations
- Treasury and/or Finance experience
- Clear and concise written and oral communication
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting and internal controls.
- Professional accounting designation preferred