We’re looking for a DevOps! Reach out if you’re interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Location: Remote, for now/ Toronto
Job ID number: C1251
Brief description of duties:
Work with development, QA, and infrastructure teams to develop automation procedures and workflow processes to streamline deployment and release of multiple cloud solutions. Experienced professional who can collaborate with technical leads, project managers, and IT management to plan and implement CI/CD strategies including implementation of DevSecOps tools and technologies.
- Analyzes the current technology landscape and develops plans and processes for improvement and expansion
- Leads the implementation of development, testing, and automation tools
- Define/Refine development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps operation
- Build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
- Collaborate and work with corporate teams to provision IT infrastructure for various levels
- Identifying and deploying cybersecurity measures by continuously performing vulnerability assessment and risk management
- Understand customer requirements and project KPIs
- Actively participates in project planning meetings to share their knowledge of system options, risk, impact, and costs vs. benefits.
- Possess technical skills to review, verify, and validate the software code
- Perform troubleshooting and root cause analysis to eliminate inefficiencies and manual processes
- Performs routine application maintenance to ensure the production environment runs smoothly. Develops maintenance requirements and procedures.
- Recommends performance enhancements by performing gap analysis, identifying alternative solutions, and assisting with modifications.
- Monitor and measure KPIs and regularly report on the progress to the project team and management
- Jenkins, Github, SVN.
- Public cloud experience ideally Azure.
- 3-5 years of Dev Ops experience developing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines (30% developing pipelines for Azure and 70% maintaining and enhancing existing pipelines).
- Thorough understanding of DevOps and Agile principles
- Experience in developing and maintaining CI/CD processes for cloud applications by accessing tools like Jenkins
- Hands-on experience in building, designing, and maintaining cloud-based applications with Azure, AWS, etc.
- Hands-on experience to build and handle VM’s, Containers utilizing tools like Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- 5+ years experience in the following
- Source Control version tools such as SVN, Gitlab, Jira
- Configuration management tools like Puppet, SaltStack, Ansible, etc.
- Databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Mongo
- Windows and Linux operating system environments.
- Self-starter with willingness to learn and take initiative
- Excellent Communication & Collaboration skills
- Demonstrate flexibility and manage the delivery of multiple initiatives
- Detail-oriented, Process-focused team player
Nice to haves:
- QA automation background ideally who moved into DevOps
|Job Category||DevOps Engineer|
|Jenkins, Github, SVN||3-4|
|Dev experience writing automation scripts||3-4|
|Public cloud experience ideally Azure||3-4|