We’re looking for a Database Administrator! Reach out if you’re interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Database Administrator
Term: 6- month Contract
Location: Remote for now – Toronto, Mississauga, Etobicoke, Montreal, London, and Winnipeg
Job ID number: C1377
Brief description of duties:
The client has started the shifting of schemas Oracle Enterprise Edition Databases from EC2 solution to Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS) for Oracle Standard schemas, in non-production and production environments. Ensuring that all related applications can continue functioning at acceptable performance levels by mitigating the lack of Enterprise Edition features such as partitioning, fine-grained auditing, etc.
- Review source databases technical requirements, including source database schemas, application source code, and connectivity requirements
- Deploy the Target Database to non-production environments on AWS
- Develop automated/scripted schema and data migration processes that can be executed and tested in the UAT environment and then re-executed in the production environment
- Implement a solution provided by the client (in moving from Oracle Enterprise to Oracle Standard Edition) which will mitigate enterprise features such as fine-grained auditing, partition, backups, etc.
- Perform and document the results of initial functional testing, including implementation of fixes
- Profound knowledge about Oracle RDBMS management and maintenance on Unix-based platform (AWS EC2)
- Proven ability to effectively manage deliverables on time and first time right
- Ability to handle a heavy workload
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with logical and good attitude team player with strong oral and interpersonal skills
Nice to haves:
- Good analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced multi
|AWS database migration||4-5|
|Perform database tuning and performance monitoring||4-5|
|Oracle RDS in AWS||4-5|