Posted 1 month ago
We are looking for a Database Administrator! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract to hire
Title: Database Administrator
Term: 5-months – 37.5 hours/week
Location: Toronto – Hybrid
Job ID number: C1164
Brief description of duties:
- Provide on-site database and system support
- Monitor, collect statistical information, and provide reporting on capacity and system performance
- Based on statistics, make recommendations to maintain and improve capacity and system performance
- Monitor the system, and act upon system and application automated alerts
- Perform diagnostics, testing, and troubleshooting of software, o/s, and database issues (ex. correcting installation, configuration, or data problems)
- Plan and perform software installation, configuration, upgrade and patching
- Plan and perform database configuration, maintenance, upgrade and patching
- Perform and manage system and database backups
- Perform manual switch to redundant system / database components, in case of system failure
- 5-7+ years of experience as a Database Administrator in providing technical support, covering application and/or database administration and operations to include monitoring maintenance capacity, performance monitoring/planning and incident/problem troubleshooting and resolution
- Hands-on experience with Quality Assurance (QA) medium/large projects
- Establish test cases and criteria to complex business functions and requirements
- Hands-on experience with SQL development for MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, MongoDB OR Oracle. MongoDB is preferred
- Experience with JSON, Python, Linux/AIX Shell Scripts
- Proven ability to write excellent technical documentation
Nice To Have:
- Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, ServiceNow
- Agile methodology
- Insurance or Banking experience
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills to be able to work well with technical peers and business stakeholders at different levels within the organization.
- Strong decision making, forward thinking and creative problem-solving skills to anticipate and respond quickly to technological/market influences.
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as work independently or with minimal direction.
|Job Category||Database Administrator|
|SQL development for MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, MongoDB OR Oracle. MongoDB is preferred||5-7+|